Murad Antioxidant Day Moisturizer Review: Is It Really Effective?
Murad essential C day Moisturizer Introduction
Murad essential C day Moisturizer, US $63 for 1.7 fl. oz., is a day time moisturizer formulated to shield your skin from harmful UV but also designed to keep your skin well protected from environmental stressors and the subsequent damage that these may cause.
What Does Murad essential C day Moisturizer Claim
According to claims made by the manufacturer, this product should be able to deliver the following benefits for your skin:
- Provide broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreeen protection with an SPF 30
- Boost your skin’s antioxidant levels to better protect it from damage and aging caused by environmental factors
- Neutralize free radicals to prevent these from damaging your skin cells
- Give your skin a moisture surge to relieve it of chronic dryness and keep it well moisturized over considerably longer periods of time
- Support your skin’s natural healing and rejuvenating mechanisms to rebuild and strengthen your protective barrier
Murad essential C day Moisturizer Manufacturer’s Detail
More than 25 years ago, professionally formulated skincare lines began to be established, among which was Murad. The brand is the namesake of its founder, Dr. Howard Murad, who purported that beauty can only be achieved when a person is healthy. Murad’s founder is a strong advocate of a more holistic approach to skincare that includes lifestyle and skillful skincare techniques.
Working of Murad essential C day Moisturizer
This product works by delivering ingredients that moisturize your skin and that help lock in moisture over long periods of time. Simultaneously, your skin is covered in sunscreen that effectively shields you from damaging UV and also protects you from cell damaging free radicals.
Murad essential C day Moisturizer Ingredients
- Avobenzone (3.00%), Homosalate (6.50%), Octinoxate (7.50%), Octisalate (5.00%), Oxybenzone (2.00%): Chemical sunscreen actives that combine to give you broad spectrum UVA/UVB formulation that is also SPF 30 proof
- Ectoin: Protective molecules derived from organisms that thrive in extremely hot and cold regions of the world, and which helps them survive harshest conditions, now infused in your skin cream
- Yeast Amino Acids: Help improve skin synthesis, these ingredients also help restore your skin’s optimal moisture levels while simultaneously also working on fading skin pigmentations and brightening your overall complexion
- Retinyl Palmitate: A Vitamin A derivative, it helps facilitate faster skin turnovers as well as lighten dark marks and pigments on your skin
- Ascorbyl Palmitate: Also Vitamin C, restores energy in your skin cells to facilitate faster delivery of cellular level mechanisms necessary for repair, rejuvenation and regeneration to occur
Murad essential C day Moisturizer Pros
- This product contains a good variety of antioxidants that, combined, give your skin a wide array of potent antioxidant protection.
- The formula is free from sulfates and phthalates.
Murad essential C day Moisturizer Cons
- The manufacturer fails to provide evidence of product efficacy or at lease proof of customer satisfaction.
- This product is formulated with ingredients that are well known to cause skin irritations and allergies, that includes fragrance ingredients and artificial dyes.
- Several Murad essential C day Moisturizer reviews posted by users account for skin irritations and allergies experienced from using this product
Murad essential C day Moisturizer Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including butylene glycol, fragrance ingredients and artificial colorants
- Increased exposure to toxins due to chemical sunscreens
- Increased risk for developing various forms of cancers due to PEGs
- Increased risk for reproductive health related diseases due to EDTA
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol
Murad essential C day Moisturizer must be applied on face, neck and chest every morning and reapplied throughout the day to maintain sunscreen potency.
Murad essential C day Moisturizer carries an impressive lineup of ingredients both commonly and uncommonly used in SPF-infused day moisturizers. The allergens and toxins in this product, however, could be problematic.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: