Murad Clarifying Toner: Does Murad Clarifying Toner Work?
Name any skin issue you may have, and the skincare industry will certainly have a product to offer you to resolve your skin problem. This multi-million dollar industry, however, is also laden with products that are only after your money. So, the difficulty is not so much in finding out if a solution is available but, more so in identifying the honest product that will perform an honest care and treatment of your skin.
Product Description, Manufacturer’s Informaiton, and Price Details
A 200 ml bottle of toner that sells for $24 is about three times the price of a well-performing drugstore toner. Makes you think about what is it about this toner, the Murad Clarifying Toner, that deserves to be paid for a higher price. Good question Keep reading to find out.
Toners were once generally recommended in the basic cleanse-tone-moisturize skincare routine. However, in the advent of gentle, well-formulated facial cleansers, some experts say, a toner is no longer a must. Generally, skin specialists seem to agree that when oily skin and large pores are among your skin issues, a toner must be employed in your daily skincare ritual.
Murad Clarifying Toner does just what other regular toners do — unclog and cleanse pores, soothe and tighten pores, and regulate sebum production. What it performs above other toners is that is also enriched with Vitamin E, witch hazel extract, and other botanical ingredients that help provide skin with antioxidant protection while also providing it with deep nourishment.
- Water (Aqua) / Alcohol Denat., act as formulation carrier
- Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, known to provide multiple skincare benefits including having natural anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and skin lightening properties
- Butylene Glycol / PPG-5-Ceteth-20 / Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract / Allantoin / Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, PEG-12 Dimethicone / Menthol / Menthoxypropanediol, acts as skin conditioning agents
- Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract / Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract / Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract / Lecithin / Tocopherol / Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate / Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, provide antioxidant protection and added skin moisturization
- Sodium Hydroxide / Citral / Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil / Blue 1 (CI 42090) / Ext. Violet 2 (CI 60730), additives
- Phenoxyethanol / Methylparaben, preservatives
After washing your face, take a cotton and wet it with a drop or two of Murad Clarifying Toner. Swipe all areas of your face, neck and décolleté with the wet cotton in gentle, upward motion, giving special attention to your T-zone.
For best results, use with other products in the Murad treatment system.
Pros & Cons
Murad Clarifying Toner is dermatologically-formulated and clinically tested. It does not contain phthalates and sulfates. However, this product is still formulated with parabens and phenoxyethanol. Parabens can intercept with the regular functioning of hormone regulated body processes. Phenoxyethanol can be neurotoxic.
This product may not also be suitable to sensitive skin types because of the presence of potentially irritating ingredients including witch hazel and menthol.
While many of its counterparts have already shifted away from phenoxyethanol and parabens, Murad Clarifying Toner continues to be formulated with these ingredients. Minus these harmful ingredients, this toner should perform on the average level, making its $24 price tag a bit too much for its real value.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Toner formulations on the market in our opinion: