Natural Supplements for Cellulite Reduction
While the primary function of cellulite supplements are to balance hormones and drive toxins out of the body, there is widespread suspicion and criticism about the effectiveness of these supplements in playing an effective anti-cellulite role.
Functions of Cellulite Supplements
Cellulite, which is apparently a harmless skin condition, is despised for the unflattering look it brings to one’s body, most common being the lower limbs. Cellulite becomes a real concern especially for women, who happen to form a vast bulk of the cellulite-affected population.
Taking advantage of these concerns, cosmetics industries market a number of commercial formulations Anti-Cellulite Creams, lotions and gel terming them as effective remedies against cellulite related conditions. All these formulations contain many natural substances that can be used independently to treat a host of skin conditions apart from cellulite.
There are a numerous natural supplements that can deliver similar anti-cellulite results. Some of these supplements are:
- Coconut Oil. A very useful natural cellulite supplement that can speed up metabolism, stimulate the thyroid gland and enhance rate of burning of excess fat.
- Ginkgo Biloba. Extract of this unique Chinese herb is excellent for blood circulation in general and is a known blood thinner. It also streamlines microcirculation to skin and fat cells that ultimately help in reducing cellulite.
- Alfalfa. Alfalfa is considered a useful supplement that is capable of balancing the excess estrogen that is known to aggravate cellulite.
- Gotu Kolu. This is another herb that contains elements of caffeine, which facilitates effective oxidation of the surplus fat with the help of fatty acids released by the beta-adrenoreceptors present on the fat cells.
- Green Tea. Green tea also happens to be a good source of caffeine that greatly helps in burning the excess fat and rejuvenating the skin condition.
- Bromelain. Bromelain, which is an inherent enzyme in natural foods, facilitates easy absorption of proteins by the body. It also improves blood circulation and helps arrest buildup of fibrin in the blood vessels.
- Organic Sulphur. Methylsulfonylmethane (popularly known as MSM) is another versatile natural substance, which helps in detoxification as well as reconstruction of connective tissues leading to reduction of cellulite.
- Borage Oil. Gamma linoleic acid, a major component of borage oil, is a vital fatty acid that helps to strengthen the cell walls.
- Horse Chestnut Herb. Also known as horsetail, the herb has considerable volume of the mineral silica that greatly assists in the revamping of the affected fat cells.
- Cider Vinegar. Cider vinegar is an excellent source of potassium that aids in regulating the fluid. It also contains a large number of essential enzymes considered vital to balancing acidity and alkalinity in the body.
Natural Supplements for External Application
Some of the above substances such as green tea, ginkgo biloba and horsetail, can also be used externally for reduction of cellulite. It is therefore common to see many of them being used in the formulation of Anti-Cellulite Creams, gel and lotions.
Apart from the above, there are also other natural supplements that can only be applied externally to get rid of cellulite. Some of these substances are:
- Ground. Scrubbing coffee grounds on the dimpled areas of the skin can help in stimulating the beta-adrenoreceptors.
- Aloe Vera. Application of this substance on the affected area facilitates microcirculation in the skin.
- Betonite Clay. This mineral clay absorbs the toxins and other impurities from the skin rather effectively.
- Dead Sea Salts. Natural minerals present in Dead Sea salts are very useful in mending skin conditions including cellulite.
- Kelp. Kelp also contains potent minerals that help improve skin conditions.
- Mineral Iodine. Application of mineral iodine is known to stimulate metabolism in the body.
Aside from the speculations and criticisms with regard to the usefulness of natural supplements, there is still a great demand for them for use against cellulite. These supplements may not cure cellulite permanently, yet, can provide some solace to the people who feel upset about the unsightly cellulite dimpling appearing on their skin.
Cellulite can affect people of all ages and body types and can be notoriously difficult to get rid of. While there are certainly no miracle cures, using specially formulated creams and treatments along with a healthy diet and exercise plan can reduce the appearance of the dimpled skin affected by cellulite. Creams and lotions that contain stimulating ingredients such as caffeine are particularly beneficial as they help move toxins out the body while other natural ingredients are used to condition the skin, giving it a firmer, tighter appearance which further reduces the look of the affected area.