How do neck creams work?
Face creams, night creams, scrubs, and rejuvenating serums are anti-aging products that target the face. To completely rid your upper body of wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots, you’ve got to couple the above mentioned with neck creams.
Yes, you heard that right.
Neck creams are skin products infused with ingredients that improve skin tightness around the neck area. And for the avoidance of doubt, neck creams and face creams differ in chemical composition and target site of action.
That said, so much focus is accorded the face region, as far as aging signs are concerned. In truth though, because of the thinness of the skin around the neck, wrinkles, discoloration, and other aging signs are far more prominent in this part of the body.
Which neck cream is best for you?
The effectiveness of neck creams is a factor of the constituent ingredients. If you want to tighten up loose skin around the neck, you will need to go for products with glycolic acid, this ingredient is clinically proven to enhance the synthesis of collagen and elastin, both of which are needed to improve skin firmness.
Glycolic acid also improves skin tone by reducing skin hyperpigmentation. Retinol is another ingredient you need to check out. Besides regulating sebum production, retinol has been found to re-texturize the skin and reduce wrinkles.
So, the next time you go shopping for the best neck cream, be sure to double-check the ingredients besides other aspects like price, and consumer reviews.
What are the Common neck cream ingredients to look for?
- Retinol: a very potent antioxidant that also does a good job regulating sebum secretion. Neck creams with retinol are best for those struggling with oily skins. Retinol also stimulates collagen synthesis for even better skin firmness. This makes it an excellent anti-aging agent (source).
- Glycolic acid: in anti-aging products, this ingredient is used to counter skin discoloration. It’s an alpha-hydroxy acid. It also enhances the synthesis of collagen and elastin.
- Hyaluronic acid: a strong moisturizing agent. In dry skin neck dreams, this ingredient enhances moisture retention besides stimulating the secretion of sebum. What’s more, hyaluronic acid also improves skin texture and tone for that youthful glow.
- Kelp extracts: Rich in antioxidants that eradicate free radicals from the skin. The oxidative stress due to free radicals causes the degeneration of the secretion of skin collagen and elastin leading to sagging around the neck.
- Growth factors: they stimulate the synthesis of collagen, reduce the appearance of wrinkles & fine lines (source), and evens out hyperpigmentation. Growth factors also improve skin texture and radiance.
Benefits of neck creams
Like other anti-aging products, neck creams reduce and even eliminate wrinkles, dark spots, fine lines, and other signs of aging. They do so by improving skin moisture retention, boosting collagen synthesis, enhancing elastin production, and regulating sebum production.
Neck creams are specially formulated with the best ingredients to keep your neck well tones, moist, and very healthy.
Below are some leading brands of neck creams you may want to try out. They are clinically tested for efficacy by third-party laboratories, thus have the quality and potency you can trust. They are the best in our opinion.
Many people neglect their neck and chest in their daily skin care regimen. The neck ages just as quickly as the face and overtime loses elasticity resulting in what is commonly referred to as “turkey neck”. Prior to purchasing a neck cream make sure it has been rigorously tested in clinical trials. A neck cream should effectively firm and lift sagging skin, improve overall tone and texture and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Below you'll find some of the most effective neck cream products on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Neck Creams
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available informations and our estimation of efficacy.
*Result may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purpose. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended to be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
*Disclosure of Material connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you can click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."