Neostrata Exfoliating Wash Review: Does It Really Work?
NeoStrata Skin Active Exfoliating Wash Introduction
NeoStrata Skin Active Exfoliating Wash, US $40 for 4.2 oz., is a daily facial cleanser that helps gently slough off impurities and damaged skin layers to reveal newer and brighter skin.
What Does NeoStrata Skin Active Exfoliating Wash Claim
The manufacturer claims that this product has been formulated to deliver the following benefits for your skin:
- Deliver light exfoliation every time you wash your skin
- Stimulate skin renewal, regeneration, and turnover
- Deliver detoxification action for your skin, stopping the metallic components of oxidative stress to prevent skin cell damage
- Soothes and calms skin irritations
- Deliver a moisture surge to enhance your skin’s overall hydration
NeoStrata Skin Active Exfoliating Wash Manufacturer’s Detail
Neostrata is a skin care brand established in Canada and currently managed by the French multinational company, Safoni. The brand is poised to cater to the anti-aging niche in a global skin care industry that is fast growing into a trillion dollar market, with the anti-aging niche among those that are leading. Safoni also currently has business interests in the global life sciences and pharmaceuticals industries.
Working of NeoStrata Skin Active Exfoliating Wash
This product works by delivering exfoliating natural acids to your skin which eliminates toughened impurities while simultaneously stimulating skin regeneration and renewal.
NeoStrata Skin Active Exfoliating Wash Ingredients
- Gluconolactone: A polyhydroxy acid that delivers exfoliation that is milder and more gentle even compared to alpha hydroxy acids, and most especially glycolic acid
- Maltobionic Acid: Helps restore healthy and optimal skin hydration, this patented ingredient also supports this product’s exfoliation functions and in promoting faster skin regeneration and renewal
- Aloe: Has strong healing properties, this ingredient supports your skin’s recovery from damage and aids in restoring ideal moisture levels
- Chamomile: Has calming properties, it helps relieve your skin from visible signs of inflammation to promote a better looking and clearer skin
- Rosemary: Contains powerful antioxidants, it also has anti-inflammatory properties that relieves redness, patchiness, and swelling to promote a more even toned skin
NeoStrata Skin Active Exfoliating Wash Pros
- This product is formulated with a new breed of natural acids that delivers very gentle exfoliation that is guaranteed not to hurt your skin even with long term use.
- The gentle nature of this product’s active ingredients make this product more tolerable for most types of skin, including sensitive skin types
NeoStrata Skin Active Exfoliating Wash Cons
- The manufacturer does not provide any proof of product efficacy.
- This product, due to its potentially irritating effects may not be suitable for use on all skin types.
- There are several toxic chemicals in the formula that can possibly affect your skin but, more importantly, your overall health and well-being.
NeoStrata Skin Active Exfoliating Wash Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including several botanical and synthetic components, depending on your history of reaction with any of the product’s components
- Increased risk for contracting various forms of cancers due to penetration enhancing PEGs
- Increased risk for irreversible skin damage due to chlorphenesin
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol
Use NeoStrata Skin Active Exfoliating Wash as a facial cleanser. Massage in before rinsing off with lukewarm water. Use once or twice daily to maintain younger looking skin.
NeoStrata Skin Active Exfoliating Wash reviews read:
- “bought this cream on a recommendation from a facialist. I liked the way that it felt on my skin, but my cheeks started breaking out horribly from it. I have never had acne like that, my skin is generally clear, with one or two pimples a month, but this was at least ten at a time, on each cheek.” — Amazon Customer
- “This is my third purchase of NeoStrata’s Exfoliating Wash. Used at least once daily on my very dry skin, there’s noticeable improvement in both complexion clarity and texture, without any excessive dryness. Especially love the pumped foam, which makes 4.2 ounces of product. last for weeks and weeks! Highly recommended.” — Texas Mom
NeoStrata Skin Active Exfoliating Wash is a promising product with remarkable ingredients. It is a pity that your skin simply cannot make optimal use of these wonderful ingredients due to the rinse off nature of this product. Your skin and the product are in contact for a very brief period, giving the formula very little time to act on your skin.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Exfoliators formulations on the market in our opinion: