Neostrata Eye Serum Review: Will it Really Help Get Rid of Wrinkles?Advertising Disclosure ?
Neostrata Eye Serum is a combination of proprietary ingredients and botanicals meant to have multiple positive effects to the appearance and health of the delicate skin around your eyes. It also makes use of a unique massaging applicator, which is included in each tube of the serum, which contains 0.2 fluid ounces of the serum itself and can be used to apply it in a measured way. The product seems to only be available through the makers’ website, and it does come with a high price tag of $72 each, although the makers seem to be willing to include a free container of it to any order you make over $100. This might be useful to keep in mind if you’re already shopping on their website.
Neostrata Eye Serum Ingredients
The active ingredients in Neostrata Eye Serum come from a range of sources and are as follows: The full list of ingredients is not disclosed, but the manufacturer states that the product contains many nutrients, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants that help rejuvenate the skin.
- Eyeliss and Actiflow: Proprietary compounds which are intended to help strengthen fragile skin and reduce appearance of puffiness
- NeoGlucosamine: A supporting nutrient for cellular tissues
- Caffeine: A stimulant meant to help tighten the tiny muscles and other tissues in your skin, presenting a firmer appearance
- Chamomile, Green Tea, and Cucumber: Refreshing botanicals intended to help nourish the delicate skin around your eyes
- Triple micro-roller applicator: While not exactly an ingredient, this applicator is intended to provide a stimulating massage in a gentle way when you apply the serum
Apply twice per day to the skin under each eye. Can be used safely with other eye creams or with makeup, though be sure to cleanse first.
Neostrata Eye Serum Advantages
- The product targets the skin under the eyes, which is more delicate than that of other parts of the face.
- It includes an automatic delivery measurement system and a unique roller, making it easy to use
- It includes a range of botanical ingredients
- There is a limited clinical study cited regarding positive results from this product’s use
Neostrata Eye Serum Disadvantages
- The price is VERY high for the amount (0.2 fluid ounces) provided
- Several of the ingredients are not clearly described, which makes it hard to tell if they might be allergenic. (If you use this product and experience a reaction, be sure to stop use.)
- Product contains caffeine, which can be an issue for those who are sensitive or already consume a great deal of caffeine
Neostrata Eye Serum packages a range of ingredients into a unique applicator that promises to provide great benefits. However, the evidence is somewhat lacking, even if they do have some limited clinical research supporting improved appearance (or at least, the perception of it) in users. Also, the price is extremely high, and it would seem that each applicator is a disposable product, meaning that if you use it regularly you could run up quite a bill – even if the product is available as a free bonus for other purchases from Neostrata.
In light of this, you may want to shop around for other products in the eye cream field. There’s something for every price range out there, and less expensive products don’t necessarily mean less effective, either.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."