Neostrata Foaming Wash Review: Is It Really Effective?
NeoStrata Foaming Glycolic Wash Introduction
NeoStrata Foaming Glycolic Wash, US $40 for 3.4 oz., is an exfoliating cleanser that promises to clear and smoothen your skin as it rids it of impurities and support the surfacing of newer, lesser damaged skin.
What Does NeoStrata Foaming Glycolic Wash Claim
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver the following improvements to your skin
- Enhance your skin’s clarity by delivering daily exfoliation that softens, lifts, and eliminates impurities
- Retexturize your skin to make it tighter and to promote the appearance of a smoother surface
- Protect by flooding your skin with potent antioxidants
- Give you a refreshing wash that goes beyond just cleansing your skin
- Lighten dark marks and other UV-induced skin damage as it brightens your overall skin complexion
NeoStrata Foaming Glycolic Wash Manufacturer’s Detail
This product has been formulated and is being distributed by Safoni, a French multinational company with business interests ranging from skin care, all the way to pharmaceuticals and global life sciences. Neostrata is a cosmeceuticals brand established in Canada and is currently being managed by Safoni to cater to its business interests in the anti-aging niche.
Working of NeoStrata Foaming Glycolic Wash
This product works by delivering a high concentration of glycolic acid to exfoliate your skin. Supported by the skin lightening properties of lactobionic acid, regular product use results to clearer and brighter overall skin tone.
NeoStrata Foaming Glycolic Wash Ingredients
- Glycolic Acid (18.0%): An alpha hydroxy acid, it gently lifts toughened debris of dead skin cells as it simultaneously draws out impurities, including stubborn grime deposited in your pores
- Lactobionic Acid (2.0%): Delivers a significant amount of antioxidants, it is also a skin lightening and brightening agent that fades dark marks and other hyper pigmented spots, promoting a more even toned skin
- Arginine: Has anti-glycation capabilities, this peptide also causes muscles underneath your skin to relax and stretch back, in turn, causing the skin over it to smoothen out
- Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate: Used as a skin detergent to help clear and purify your skin
- Ammonium Hydroxide: Promotes the ideal pH level for the glycolic acid to perform optimally in exfoliating and stimulating your skin, which is ideally, at very low pH levels
NeoStrata Foaming Glycolic Wash Pros
- This product contains a very high concentration of glycolic acid, one of the natural acids with the gentlest exfoliating effect on skin, and the most effective results at the same time.
- This product has been pH balanced to deliver the optimal benefits that your skin can derive from this glycolic wash.
- This product is formulated without fragrance ingredients, which happens to be one of top 3 allergens, making it ideal for use even on sensitive skin types
NeoStrata Foaming Glycolic Wash Cons
- This product contains a very highly concentrated form of glycolic acid which many people will likely find to be irritating, at least on initial application.
- Several NeoStrata Foaming Glycolic Wash reviews posted by users indicate that some people experienced worse breakouts after using this product.
NeoStrata Foaming Glycolic Wash Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including glycolic acid, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, and denatured alcohol
- Increased risk for contracting various forms of cancers due to PEGs, penetration enhancers that have shown very high affinity for toxic chemicals, including 1,4 dioxane, a confirmed carcinogen, during the manufacturing process
- Increased risk for
NeoStrata Foaming Glycolic Wash must be worked gradually into your daily and nightly skin care routines. Apply 1 to 2 pumps to wet skin, massage in then, rinse off.
The NeoStrata Foaming Glycolic Wash can be a great way to keep your skin clear of debris and impurities on a daily basis. However, the very highly concentrated form of glycolic acid will likely be irritating to many people.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Exfoliators formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top 5 Exfoliators Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."