Neostrata Gel Plus Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review & more
What is Neostrata Gel Plus ?
This product is managed by Safoni, a French multinational company with businesses in the skin care, global life sciences, and pharmaceuticals industries. This product is managed under Neostrata, a brand that caters to the anti-aging skin care market. Overseen by a company that has a solid track record for conducting intensive research and development activities, you can be certain that every bottle or jar of Neostrata is sealed with clear scientific basis.
Neostrata gel plus, US $48 for every 100 ml, is a gel treatment that contains 15 per cent glycolic acid that helps correct sun damage as well as maintain your skin’s gorgeous natural glow.
Neostrata Gel Plus Claim- Does it really work?
According to this product’s manufacturer, the formula was prepared to deliver the following improvements to your skin:
- Correct visible signs of skin aging, most especially skin pigmentation, age spots, and other dark marks on skin.
- Smoothen, even out, and brighten your overall skin tone.
- Exfoliate to clear your skin of impurities and help promote a blemish-free skin surface.
This product works by delivering glycolic acid at the right pH level to slough off impurities and dead skin cells so that newer, brighter skin may be revealed.
What are the ingredients in Neostrata Gel Plus?
- Glycolic Acid (15.0%): This plant-derived acid is a proven exfoliator that removes dead skin cells while encouraging the production of new, healthy cells. It also helps unclog pores and by stimulating cellular turnover, it is an effective formula for improving the skin’s texture and appearance. However, it may cause burning sensation to sensitive skin.
- Propylene Glycol: Helps active ingredients penetrate skin. However, it can cause rashes, dry skin, and surface damage.
- Ammonium Hydroxide: Acts as a pH adjuster, considering that glycolic acid works better at low pH levels
- Polyquaternium-10: Reduces static in your skin, causing the surface to appear and feel silkier
Benefits of Neostrata Gel Plus
- This product has been specially formulated to cater to oily and acne prone skin types, and is well suited to treat troubled skin in hot and humid climates.
- This product is oil-free and fragrance-free, and therefore suitable for use on sensitive skin types.
- Neostrata gel plus reviews posted by previous users generally favor that this product delivered what it claims it would.
Disadvantages of Neostrata Gel Plus
- The gel consistency is not ideal for use under makeup, and may make this product difficult to use during the day if you like wearing your makeup daily, that is.
- The formula is laden with denatured alcohol which, with regular and long-term product use, can cause your skin to become permanently damaged.
Does Neostrata Gel Plus have any Side Effects?
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including denatured alcohol and glycolic acid.
- Increased risk for reproductive health related problems due EDTA.
- Increased risk for general toxicity and membrane irritation due to Ammonium Hydroxide
How to apply Neostrata Gel Plus
Neostrata gel plus must be worked up to increase your skin’s tolerance. The manufacturer recommends to use the product once everyday for two full weeks before applying twice daily after the 2-week period. Adjust accordingly with your skin’s tolerance. Use sunscreen everyday without fail as some ingredients are known to make your skin more prone to UV damage.
Final Verdict: Neostrata Gel Plus
Neostrata gel plus is a basic and very straightforward glycolic acid skin treatment that proposes to exfoliate your skin, help purify it of infections and impurities, as well as help maintain a clearer and brighter complexion. It is so basic for its relatively steep price tag though, and it would be more practical to get a multifunctional cream that does the same.
Skin Brighteners aid in reducing post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation revealing even skin tone. Skin brighteners also can help revitalize tired and dull skin resulting in a youthful, healthy glow.
Below you'll find some of the most effective skin brightening products on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Skin Lightening Choices
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."