Neostrata Gel Plus Review: Is It Really Effective?
Neostrata gel plus Introduction
Neostrata gel plus, US $48 for every 100 ml, is a gel treatment that contains 15 per cent glycolic acid that helps correct sun damage as well as maintain your skin’s gorgeous natural glow.
What Does Neostrata Gel Plus Claim
According to this product’s manufacturer, the formula was prepared to deliver the following improvements to your skin:
- Correct visible signs of skin aging, most especially skin pigmentation, age spots, and other dark marks on skin
- Smoothen, even out, and brighten your overall skin tone
- Exfoliate to clear your skin of impurities and help promote a blemish-free skin surface
Neostrata Gel Plus Manufacturer’s Detail
This product is managed by Safoni, a French multinational company with businesses in the skin care, global life sciences, and pharmaceuticals industries. This product is managed under Neostrata, a brand that caters to the anti-aging skin care market. Overseen by a company that has a solid track record for conducting intensive research and development activities, you can be certain that every bottle or jar of Neostrata is sealed with clear scientific basis.
Working Of Neostrata Gel Plus
This product works by delivering glycolic acid at the right pH level to slough off impurities and dead skin cells so that newer, brighter skin may be revealed.
Neostrata Gel Plus Ingredients
- Glycolic Acid (15.0%): Exfoliates your skin, this alpha hydroxy acid helps clear your skin of impurities, and enhance cell regeneration and turnover
- Propylene Glycol: Enhances the penetration and absorption into your skin of other ingredients in the formula
- Ammonium Hydroxide: Acts as a pH adjuster, considering that glycolic acid works better at low pH levels
- Polyquaternium-10: Reduces static in your skin, causing the surface to appear and feel silkier
Neostrata Gel Plus Pros
- This product has been specially formulated to cater to oily and acne prone skin types, and is well suited to treat troubled skin in hot and humid climates.
- This product is oil-free and fragrance-free, and therefore suitable for use on sensitive skin types.
- Neostrata gel plus reviews posted by previous users generally favor that this product delivered what it claims it would.
Neostrata Gel Plus Cons
- The gel consistency is not ideal for use under makeup, and may make this product difficult to use during the day if you like wearing your makeup daily, that is.
- The formula is laden with denatured alcohol which, with regular and long-term product use, can cause your skin to become permanently damaged.
Neostrata Gel Plus Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including denatured alcohol and glycolic acid
- Increased risk for reproductive health related problems due EDTA
- Increased risk for general toxicity and membrane irritation due to Ammonium Hydroxide
Neostrata gel plus must be worked up to increase your skin’s tolerance. The manufacturer recommends to use the product once everyday for two full weeks before applying twice daily after the 2-week period. Adjust accordingly with your skin’s tolerance. Use sunscreen everyday without fail as some ingredients are known to make your skin more prone to UV damage.
Neostrata gel plus is a basic and very straightforward glycolic acid skin treatment that proposes to exfoliate your skin, help purify it of infections and impurities, as well as help maintain a clearer and brighter complexion. It is so basic for its relatively steep price tag though, and it would be more practical to get a multifunctional cream that does the same.
Skin Brighteners aid in reducing post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation revealing even skin tone. Skin brighteners also can help revitalize tired and dull skin resulting in a youthful, healthy glow.
Below you'll find some of the most effective skin brightening products on the market today, in our opinion.