Neostrata Skin Active Complex Review: Is It Really Effective?
NeoStrata Skin Active Retinol + NAG Complex Introduction
NeoStrata Skin Active Retinol + NAG Complex, US $78 for 1 fl. oz., is a treatment cream intended for use at least once weekly or, as frequently as your skin can tolerate.
What Does NeoStrata Skin Active Retinol + NAG Complex Claim
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product can be expected to deliver the following improvements to your skin or any of its mechanisms:
- Facilitate faster skin cell turnover by encouraging the top layer to peel off
- Enhance cellular level activities to regenerate and renew skin sooner
- Helps replenish lost moisture and encourage collagen production
NeoStrata Skin Active Retinol + NAG Complex Manufacturer’s Detail
This product is being marketed under the Neostrata label owned by Safoni, a French multinational company. Safoni has existing businesses operating in the skin care, global life sciences and pharmaceuticals. Neostrata specifically caters to the needs of women and men in the anti-aging department.
Working of NeoStrata Skin Active Retinol + NAG Complex
This product works by combining the regenerative power of retinol with the restorative power of NeoGlocosamine. This product helps heal and rejuvenate your aging skin.
NeoStrata Skin Active Retinol + NAG Complex Ingredients
- Retinol (0.5%): A Vitamin A derivative that remains to be the gold standard in topical anti-aging skin care, it helps
- NeoGlucosamine: A proprietary ingredient that helps restore your skin’s optimal collagen production levels
- Glycerin: A strong emollient, it hyper hydrates your skin, giving it a feeling of being instantly conditioned and making the moisture last for long periods of time
- Acetyl Glucosamine: Provides your skin with a significant amount of additional moisture to enhance plumpness and dewiness
- Vitamin E: A powerful antioxidant, it also helps rebuild your skin’s protective outer barrier, making it more resilient to future damage and developing better resistance to signs of skin aging
- Arginine: Promotes better skin synthesis, enhances your skin’s moisture content, and lightens your overall skin tone
- Bisabolol: Improves skin synthesis, it also helps relieve your skin of inflammation
NeoStrata Skin Active Retinol + NAG Complex Pros
- This product is packaged in an airtight container topped with an airless pump that helps preserve product efficacy as well as prolonging the product’s shelf life.
- The proprietary ingredient, NeoGlucosamine, combines with retinol to give your skin a power packed way of enhancing skin rejuvenation and renewal.
NeoStrata Skin Active Retinol + NAG Complex Cons
- The manufacturer does not provide any study to prove product efficacy.
- This product probably contains half beneficial ingredients, while the other half are preservatives and additives.
- NeoStrata Skin Active Retinol + NAG Complex reviews are severely limited, making it impossible to gauge user sentiment about this product
NeoStrata Skin Active Retinol + NAG Complex Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including artificial colorants
- Increased risk for increased and more intense UV damage due to retinol and Butyloctyl Salicylate, a UV light absorber that draws in UV
- Increased risk for permanent skin damage due to chlorphenesin
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol
- Increased risk for developing various forms of cancers due to PEGs
- Increased risk for endocrine-related diseases and dysfunctions due to BHT
NeoStrata Skin Active Retinol + NAG Complex must only be used once or twice weekly or, nightly if your skin permits so. During use, apply only after cleansing and toning your skin. Layer under your serums and moisturizers.
NeoStrata Skin Active Retinol + NAG Complex reviews read:
- “All that hype about this product — please! I’ve seen much better and I know that the really good ones don’t cost as much.”
- “I have been using Luna oil for a few years and wanted to try something a bit more powerful. I was afraid this would irritate my skin, but it doesn’t. I’ve had no peeling and I use it every other day. I’ve only been using for a little less than a month, so I can’t report on full results yet, but so far I am pleased.” — Brandi on Neostrata website
NeoStrata Skin Active Retinol + NAG Complex can be an added step to your weekly routine, giving your skin an extra boost in the middle of the week. It is in no way more special than other retinol treatment creams, however, and there are several outstanding brands sold at half this product’s price tag.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.