Neostrata Ultra Smoothing Cream Review: Is It Really Effective?
NeoStrata Ultra Smoothing Cream Introduction
NeoStrata Ultra Smoothing Cream, US $48 for a 1.4 oz. tube, is an exfoliating cream that rejuvenates, regenerates and helps maintain your skin’s clarity.
What Does NeoStrata Ultra Smoothing Cream Claim
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product can be expected to deliver the following benefits to your skin:
- Promotes softer and smoother skin
- Enhance skin firmness
- Speed up skin rejuvenation and regeneration
- Fade dark marks and brighten your overall skin tone
- Heal, treat, and improve the appearance of skin imperfections with every turnover
NeoStrata Ultra Smoothing Cream Manufacturer’s Detail
Neostrata is a cosmeceuticals brand that specifically caters to the anti-aging niche. The brand is being managed by Safoni, a French multinational company with a strong research and development tradition which is inevitable when it has business interests in the global life sciences and pharmaceuticals industries as well.
Working of NeoStrata Ultra Smoothing Cream
This product works by delivering two forms of AHAs at different concentrations to your skin, where both perform exfoliating functions that works in two ways. First, it rids your skin of impurities that suffer the clarity of your skin. Second, it encourages the faster regeneration of a new skin layer to replace the old and damaged layer.
NeoStrata Ultra Smoothing Cream Ingredients
- Glycolic Acid (8.0%) and Citric Acid (2.0%): Alpha hydroxy acids that render this formula its exfoliation functions, operate by gently lifting your skin’s damaged top layer as impurities are forced out of your pores
- Arginine-Amphoteric: Improves skin synthesis, enhances your skin’s moisture content, and enhances the fairness of your overall skin tone
- Shea Butter: Replenishes your skin’s lost moisture and nutrient content, it also soothes skin irritations and promotes skin healing
NeoStrata Ultra Smoothing Cream Pros
- This product is manufactured without fragrance ingredients, making the cream ideal for use by people with sensitive skin types.
- This product does not contain synthetic dyes and oil which can irritate and clog your skin, respectively.
- Based on a the results of a study reported by Neostrata (details not published), 86 per cent of subjects observed that their skin became smoother within just 4 weeks of twice daily product application.
NeoStrata Ultra Smoothing Cream Cons
- The manufacturer exclusively made this cream to be all about exfoliation, although it can easily be layered, it would have helped if it was a multi-tasking cream instead.
- This product is made up of ingredients where half are beneficial and the remaining half are nothing but additives and preservatives.
NeoStrata Ultra Smoothing Cream Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including butylene glycol, glycolic acid, and citric acid
- Increased risk for permanent skin damage due to chlorphenesin
- Increased risk for reproductive health related dysfunctions and diseases due to EDTA
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol
NeoStrata Ultra Smoothing Cream must be gradually worked into your daily and nightly skin care routines. For the first two weeks, use once daily, ideally at night, to help build your skin’s tolerance for this exfoliating cream. From then onwards, apply the product twice everyday — once with your morning routine, and another for your evening routine. Observe your skin for any signs of irritation, and lower the frequency of use as your skin permits.
NeoStrata Ultra Smoothing Cream reviews read:
- “I purchased this product after being very pleased with NeoStrata’s AHA face wash, but this was too much for my skin. IT was not irritating, but it did dry my skin out. I won’t be purchasing this again. This is not the best product if you have dry or combination skin (as I do) but would probably be okay if your skin is on the oily side.” — J. Kramer on Amazon
- “Amazing product. It’s a month since I have been using it and I can see changes in my skin. My skin texture is visible softer and smoother, my pores are also visible smaller.” — Hidy Dougan on Amazon
The NeoStrata Ultra Smoothing Cream offers a good way to help maintain excessively oily, acne prone, and combination skin types. However, when it comes to using highly potent AHAs, each skin is to its own. There is no guarantee that can be made about how it affects your skin. For an exclusively exfoliation function, however, this cream is being too hard on the pocket.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Exfoliators formulations on the market in our opinion: