Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner: Does It Work?
Do you still subscribe to the stingy, harsh and drying feeling of most astringents and strongly formulated toners? Well, you should be concerned, most especially if your skin is beginning to age or, is aging prematurely.
Toners are a necessary part of your daily beauty routine. Tone skin regularly to unclog pores from dirt and impurities, and get the added benefit of tightening your pores for a smoother, more flawless complexion. While you certainly can’t do away with toners, you have to pay closer attention to the labels to make sure you’re picking up the toner that benefits your skin more than it damages it.
About Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner
For just $6.99 for an 8.5 fl. oz. bottle of Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner, you can give your skin access to a quality toner that is gentle and will not strip your skin of natural oils that keep it constantly hydrated and moisturized.
Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner cleans skin deeply and thoroughly without employing alcohol which dries out skin and leaves it more prone to damage and aging. Eliminate skin impurities, prevent blemishes, and avoid the unsightly growth of acne, blackheads and whiteheads without the sting with Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner.
It is non comedogenic and hypoallergenic, making the product ideal and safe for use for all skin types.
Manufacturer information and its claims about Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner
Neutrogena has earned a reputation for being a beauty staple on every ladies’ nightstand, and for being the top skincare and hair care brand recommended by dermatologists.
Before Neutrogena was acquired in 1994 by Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., it already has built a loyal following among consumers and medical skin professionals, first under the Natone brand and later, as Neutrogena.
The worldwide powerhouse in skincare traces its history all the way back to 1930 when its founder, Emanuel Stolaroff, began manufacturing cosmetics and distributing these to the leading beauty salons in Hollywood at that time. Ten years later, Natone was commercially made available. But, what really leapfrogged the company to fame and fortune began with the acquisition of a clear soap, named Neutrogena, in 1954. Since then, the company became so synonymous to the soap that the company decided to change its name from Natone to Neutrogena.
Today, Neutrogena is one of the top brands for hypoallergenic and non comedogenic skincare, hair care and cosmetics products around the world.
How Does Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner Work?
Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner: Neutrogena Alcohol-Free toner is specially formulated to provide clean, refreshing toning without the harsh, drying effects of alcohol.
The product is infused with Ceteth-24, a mild cleansing agent that effectively draws out skin impurities and rids skin of dirt and excess oils. Antiseptic and moisturizing ingredients follow through to prevent skin infections and promote hydration.
Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner Ingredients
- Solvents: Water, PEG-4, Butylene Glycol
- Cleansing agent: Ceteth-24
- Moisturizing and skin conditioning agents: Panthenol, Glycereth-26, Sodium PCA
- Antiseptic: Benzalkonium Chloride
- Stabilizers and texturizers: Polysorbate 20, Choleth-24, Disodium EDTA
- Preservatives: Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben
Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner Benefits
- Product is non comedogenic and hypoallergenic
- Fast absorbing
- Product will not strip skin of natural oils thus, will not dry out skin
- Does not leave a greasy feel
- Effectively draws our skin impurities and clogs out pores
- Promotes tighter pores for smoother, more flawless complexion and skin texture
Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner Drawbacks
- Product contains ingredients that are well known to cause skin and eye irritations
- Contains very little amount and variety of moisturizers which are important to lock in moisture and prevent water loss
Wash and cleanse skin thoroughly. Apply Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner on skin with a cotton ball.
For external use only. Keep product out of heat or direct exposure to sunlight.
Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner Side Effects
- Product contains alcohols, parabens and fragrance ingredients that have been proven to cause mild to severe skin irritations among men and women who have hypersensitivity to these ingredients.
- Product contains parabens which have been proven to mimic estrogen, and thus is capable of adversely affecting natural body processes that are controlled and regulated by estrogen. When it comes to breast cancer, some studies have pointed to the potential risk of parabens to lead to the development of malignant tumors. Although studies remain contradicting and thus, inconclusive, it’s always more beneficial to err on the side of caution.
Who can use Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner?
Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner is specially formulated for and best used on men and women with skin types ranging from normal to slightly dry or, normal to slightly oily skin.
Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner does leave a feeling of instant, deep and fresh cleansing while eliminating skin impurities and tightening your pores. Following a deeper understanding of product ingredients however, Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner may not be as completely beneficial as it is perceived to be, most especially on your health but, if you and your skin can tolerate these ingredients, the product may still do wonders for you.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Toner formulations on the market in our opinion: