Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector Spf 20 Review: Is This Anti-Aging Cream Safe To Use?
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector Spf 20 Overview:
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector Spf 20, US $9 for a 1.0 oz, is an anti-aging product that combines the wrinkle-correcting power of retinol and the protective power of sunscreen, and it comes with a tint.
About Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector Spf 20 — Does It Really Work?
- This product is brought to you by Johnson and Johnson as one of the product offerings under Neutrogena. One of the world’s largest multinational companies, J&J manages this label under its Consumer Division, along with other well-known skin care products such as Aveeno and Clean & Clear. In terms of business participation, J&J competes in the consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices industries.
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
What Are The Ingredients In Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector Spf 20 ?
- Octinoxate (7.0%) and Octisalate (3.0%): Chemical sunscreen agents that give your skin well-rounded UVA and UVB protection.
- Titanium Dioxide: Provides added physical sun blocking function while simultaneously working to improve the appearance of your skin’s surface.
- Retinol and Retinyl Palmitate: Vitamin A derivatives that hasten skin regeneration and turnover while also inhibiting melanin formation to help bring out your flawless complexion.
Directions To Use:
- Use Neutrogena Anti-Aging Perfector every morning following a fresh cleansing and toning routine.
- Neutrogena Anti-Aging Perfector is available in six shades to cater to different skin tones.
- This product combines instant and longer-term wrinkle correction with sun protection for a well-rounded daily care for your skin.
- The formula includes retinol components which are well-known not to be able to withstand degradation when exposed to heat and sunlight, rendering this ingredient useless for daytime application.
- This product Neutrogena Anti-Aging Perfector reviews indicate that this formula can cause skin irritations.
Does Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector Spf 20 have any side effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Neutrogena Anti-Aging Perfector:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including fragrance ingredients, retinol, and butylene glycol.
- Increased risk for developing various cancers due to PEGS.
- Increased risk for hormone fluctuations, and associated diseases and organ dysfuntions due to chemical sunscreen agents, BHT and parabens./li>
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol.
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector Spf 20 Customer Reviews:
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector Spf 20 reviews read:
- “Leading with that – I wore this one day – and then woke up the very next morning to a dime-sized welt/cystic acne forming in the middle of my forehead. I rarely – rarely – get pimples on my forehead, so I knew immediately it was from this product. I do not switch face products in my routine because I have sensitive skin – and prior to this, I only used the same exact products with no breakouts at all. This was my first breakout (and cystic at that, which sucks) in months – so I knew it was from trying the new product…It is back to Burt’s Bees BB cream for me, because it’s the only foundation/bb cream I can wear without getting absolutely any skin reaction. I’m not sure what my skin was reacting to – it could have been the retinol – but if I have any sort of instant reaction, I stop the product.” — katmae24 on MakeupAlley
- ”I use this product daily! This is the second tube/bottle I’ve bought of this. I have dry skin so I love to use this as a base to keep my skin moisturized during the day. I use it as a ‘base’ (if you want to call it that) during the week, then cover with a light, loose powder. Then on the weekends I’m usually out at the lake so I just use as the tinted moisturizer for light coverage.” — Sunshine! on UltaBeauty
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector Spf 20 evidently had the best interest of your aging and maturing skin in mind when it formulated this product. It would have been a great addition to your routines if it weren’t for retinol. Not everyone can tolerate retinol and, it also isn’t ideal for daytime application.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.