Neutrogena Cleansing Gel Review : Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More
What Is Neutrogena Cleansing Gel?
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Cleansing Gel, US $8.99 for 6 fl. oz., is a face cleanser that goes beyond lifting and eliminating impurities from your skin. Although this product may not be suitable for all skin types.
Neutrogena is a brand that is being managed by the global giant, Johnson & Johnson, under its Consumer Division, the same unit that formulates and distributes Clean and Clear, and Aveeno. Neutrogena is the company’s professionally formulated lineup of product offerings that specializes in skin treats that are mild enough to be used on sensitive skin. Johnson & Johnson has business interests in three industries, that is, Consumer, Pharmaceuticals, and Medical Devices, and is present in over 60 countries around the world
Neutrogena Cleansing Gel – Does It Really Work?
The manufacturer claims that this product has been specially formulated to deliver the following benefits:
- Improve your skin’s moisture content and keep it locked in.
- Provide a nourishing and refreshing wash.
- Deliver a formula that is tough on impurities yet gentle enough so as not to irritate your sensitive skin.
- Dissolve and rinse off impurities without leaving any product residues.
This product combines surfactants and emulsifiers to loosen up and eliminate toughened dirt, excess oils, makeup residues, and other impurities that stick on your skin. It follows through with hydration boost from hyaluronic acid.
What Are The Ingredients In Neutrogena Cleansing Gel?
- Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid: Supports your skin in restoring its ideal moisture content and keep it locked in to maintain healthy hydration over longer periods of time.
- Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate and Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate: Act as emulsifiers and surfactants that draw out impurities from your pores and give the debris piled up on your skin’s surface a gentle lift as dirt, grime and product residues are loosened up.
- Glycerin: This ingredient helps skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation but also can cause skin irritation to sensitive skin.
- Sodium Hydroxide: This ingredient prevents irritation by helping to maintain the skin’s moisture barrier.
How To Apply Neutrogena Cleansing Gel
As per manufacturer guidelines:
- Apply Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Cleansing Gel on damp face using a few drops.
- Massage in upwards, circular motion to lather for a few seconds before rinsing thoroughly using lukewarm water.
Benefits Of Neutrogena Cleansing Gel
- This product is soap-free and oil-free, and therefore won’t clog your pores nor cause breakouts. Although customer reviews tells a different story.
- The formula does not contain parabens, estrogen-mimicking chemicals that get in the way of otherwise normal organ functions.
- Gentle yet it is capable of removing tough and stubborn makeup in a single wash.
Disadvantages Of Neutrogena Cleansing Gel
- This product contains a fairly standard lineup of ingredients that you will likely find in other well-formulated cleansers that are likely to give you even better added benefits.
- Several Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Cleansing Gel reviews have strongly reacted against this product’s overpowering scent.
- The hyaluronic acid in this product is listed as the last ingredient and, most likely, is present in this formula in very negligible amounts that will not cause any significant improvements to your skin’s moisture content during your quick and brief facial wash.
- This product may not be suitable for all skin types.
Does Neutrogena Cleansing Gel Have Any Side Effects?
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including fragrances.
- Increased risk for diseases of the reproductive organs due to EDTA.
- Increased risk for brain damage and nervous system dysfunctions due to phenoxyethanol.
Final Verdict : Neutrogena Cleansing Gel
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Cleansing Gel is a cleanser that can ably remove dirt and other impurities on your skin.
Unfortunately, beyond that function, this one is hardly any more moisturizing than an ordinary cleanser that does not tighten your skin. In fact, it may not even universally cater to sensitive skin types as the manufacturer claims it should.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Facial Cleansers formulations on the market in our opinion: