Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Review: Is It Good?
Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 55 Description
Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 55, US $11.99 for 3.0 fl. oz., is a hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic sunscreen that provides you with an ideal broad spectrum sun protection formulated for daily use.
This product has been designed to give the following specific benefits:
- Provides sun protection that is good for application on both your face and body
- Gives you a sheer, weightless sun cover that leaves your skin with a noticeable matte finish
- Calms and relieves your skin from any irritation that may be caused by this product’s chemical sunscreen actives
Neutrogena, formerly Natone, first became a global hit in skin care with the Neutrogena hypoallergenic soap. The brand was acquired by Johnson & Jonson’s Consumer Group in 1994, and since then, has been recognized as a leading hypoallergenic skin care brand.
Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 55 Ingredients
- Avobenzone (2.7%), Homosalate (4.0%), Octisalate (4.5%), Octocrylene (6.0%) and Oxybenzone (4.5%): Chemical sunscreen activates
- Bisabolol: A powerful anti-inflammatory ingredient that soothes and calm your skin from irritations, redness, swelling and patchiness that can be potentially caused by the sunscreen ingredients in this formula which, in turn, can suffer your overall complexion
Apply a generous amount of Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 55 on all exposed skin surfaces at least 15 minutes before stepping outdoors. It is recommended that you use other means to protect your skin from harmful UV using other means.
Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 55 Advantages
- The manufacturer has guaranteed this product to be a non-comedogenic, fragrance-free and oil-free formula.
- This product provides water-resistant formulation that keeps your skin protected for longer.
- A Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen review has cited that this product didn’t make the user’s normally oily skin greasy.
Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 55 Disadvantages
- This product contains BHT, a suspected endocrine disrupting chemical that can affect the otherwise normal functioning of several vital body process
- The formula contains Chlorphenesin and butylene glycol, chemicals that have been associated with sever cases of contact dermatitis and permanent skin damage with regular, long-term exposure.
- The manufacturer neglected to add antioxidants to this product which cou
ld have given this formula additional protection from both UV and free radicals.
- A Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen review pointed out that the product left a burning, tingling sensation on sensitive skin, which may have been caused by one or several irritating ingredients included in the formula.
Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 55 will be a favorable formula for your skin if you want your skin to be able to breathe. Look closely, however, and you will find that the hypoallergenic claim made is unacceptable with the presence of several potentially irritating ingredients infused in the formula. Besides, if its optimum UVA and UVB protection that you’re that comes with a non-irritating formula perfect for sensitive skin that you’re after, you should get so much more at this price point.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Sunscreens
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."