Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture SPF 15 Review: Is It Worth Buying?
If younger-looking skin is on top of your must-have list then, UV protection rightfully belongs on the top of your skincare agenda. Stop making excuses every morning when it comes to your sunscreen with Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture SPF 15, US $11.
This product has been clinically administered to volunteers. Consumer results survey points out:
- 4 of 5 women said that this product did not leave skin feeling greasy
- 3 of 4 said that this product made their skin feel silkier and more supple to the touch
With four sunscreen actives infused in this product’s formulation — Avobenzone, Octisalate, Octocrylene, Oxybenzone — this product not only provides your skin with the much-needed SPF 15 daily sun protection but also a broad spectrum UV cover that stops both UVA and UVB from causing superficial and permanent damages to your skin.
- Sunscreen Actives:Avobenzone 1.5%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 3%, Oxybenzone 4%
- Glycerin, Emulsifying Wax, Glyceryl Stearate, etc: Skin moisturizers and conditioners
Apply Neutrogena Oil free Moisture SPF 15 on skin everyday, under makeup to obtain the best level of daily UV protection.
Given the limited moisturizing power of this product, particularly missing out on the longer term moisturizing effect of prime ingredients such as peptides, hyaluronic acid and collagen, this product is ideal for use as sunscreen only. When used everyday, make sure to layer with a more lightweight moisturizing serum with antioxidants to make up for the absence of these ingredients in this product.
Apply Neutrogena Oil free Moisture SPF 15 at least 15 minutes before exposing your skin to the sun. Reapply every two hours throughout the day to maintain sunscreen protection
- Won’t clog pores
- Does not contain drying alcohold
- Keeps skin continuously moisturized for up to 12 hours
- Contains SPF 15 UVA/UVB broadspectrum sunscreen protection
- Leaves a burning sensation
- Can leave skin greasy in extremely hot and humid environments
- Some consumers have complained of skin irritation
- Product contains the sunscreen actives, Avobenzone, Octisalate, Octocrylene and Oxybenzone, which are well-known to be toxic, and suspected or confirmed to be endocrine-disrupting chemicals which means these can trigger hormonal changes that eventually affect the normal functioning of your essential organs
- Product contains phenoxyethanol, a well-known neurotoxic which can be highly toxic in excessive amounts, and most especially among children, but will nevertheless affect adults as well
- Product contains polyethylene glycols (PEGs) which are toxic and can easily become contaminated with carcinogenic chemicals
- Does not incorporate antioxidants for added UV and free radical protection
- Contains only temporary moisturizing products, and misses out on ingredients that can have long-term beneficial effects to skin, including peptides, ceramides and hyaluronic acid
When it comes to sunscreen application, there’s no debate that sunscreen must be a staple in any daytime skincare routine. However, whether or not Neutrogena Oil free Moisture SPF 15 is the moisturizer + sunscreen and you have to keep other products also in mind to evaluate suitable product for you.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: