Neutrogena Rapid Clear Cleanser Review : Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What Is Neutrogena’s Rapid Clear Cleanser?
Neutrogena’s Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne Cleanser, US $9.49, is a facial wash specially formulated with benzoyl peroxide to help address the very special needs of acne-challenged skin. Although this product contains fragrance which may trigger skin irritation.
Neutrogena is one of the skin care brands managed by the Consumer Division of Johnson & Johnson, the multinational brand that first made a name for creating products that provided practical uses in times of war, that includes Band-Aid gauze and alcohol. It markets Neutrogena as a professionally formulated brand, alongside other skincare brands J&J manages, including Aveeno for sensitive skin, and Clean & Clear targeting younger markets. J&J has business interests in the medical devices, pharmaceutical, and consumer goods industries.
Neutrogena’s Rapid Clear Cleanser : Does It Really Work?
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been specially formulated to deliver the following anti-aging and beauty benefits for your aging or mature skin:
- Purify your skin from acne and clear it from existing breakouts
- Help prevent future infections, blemishes and breakouts
- Aid in ridding your skin of dark acne marks
This product works by delivering the purifying effect of benzoyl peroxide to skin challenged by acne and that is prone to blemishes. By keeping bad bacteria populations under control, future breakouts can also be avoided.
What Are The Ingredients In Neutrogena’s Rapid Clear Cleanser?
- Benzoyl Peroxide (10%): Well recognized for its anti-acne capabilities, this ingredient has been tried and tested to eliminate acne-causing bacteria from your skin to cause it to become purified and cleared of blemishes.
- Cetyl Alcohol: This ingredient works as an emollient, emulsifier, thickener and carrying agent for other ingredients contained in a cosmetic solution.
- Glycerin: This ingredient helps skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation but also can cause skin irritation to sensitive skin.
- Water/ Aqua: helps in retaining the moisture of the skin making it moist and soft with a glowy effect.
Benefits Of Neutrogena’s Rapid Clear Cleanser
- This product is formulated with benzoyl peroxide, one of the highly recognized solutions to treat and prevent acne and breakouts.
- This product is suitable for all skin types. Although Many user reviews say it isn’t very effective.
- The product treats acne.
Disadvantages Of Neutrogena’s Rapid Clear Cleanser
- The formula is laden with artificial fragrances which happens to be 1 of top 3 allergens often found in skin care products.
- The only beneficial ingredient in this product is benzoyl peroxide.
- Neutrogena’s Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne Cleanser reviews have indicated how this product can worsen breakouts among other users.
- This product is comparatively expensive.
Does Neutrogena’s Rapid Clear Cleanser Have Any Side Effects?
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including fragrances and menthol which can severely irritate and dry out your skin
- Increased risk for endocrine-related disease and dysfunctions due to BHT
- Increased risk for diseases affecting the reproductive health due to EDTA
- Increased risk for clogged pores and infections due to Petrolatum
How To Apply Neutrogena’s Rapid Clear Cleanser
- Neutrogena’s Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne Cleanser must be used twice daily as the first part of your daytime and nighttime skin care routines.
- Always use lukewarm water to wash and rinse off product completely from your skin.
- When using skincare products for the first time, always check for possible reactions to any of the product’s components by performing a patch test.
Final Verdict: Neutrogena’s Rapid Clear Cleanser
Neutrogena’s Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne Cleanser is a specially formulated facial wash that helps your skin restore its optimal health levels. Unfortunately, there are too many potentially irritating ingredients in the formula that can cause your skin more harm than benefits. This product may not be suitable for use on all skin types.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Facial Cleansers formulations on the market in our opinion: