Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Sunscreen SPF 30 Review : Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More
What Is Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock SPF 30?
As per the manufacturer, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30, US $10.99 for 3.0 oz., is a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen that is also infused with antioxidants. Although it may not be suitable for sensitive skin.
Neutrogena is a brand which Johnson & Johnson is marketing as a special formulation product line that suits special skin requirements, catering to markets that fall in between the mass market products and luxury skincare lines but, not exactly meant for use on skin with special conditions.
Johnson & Johnson is a multinational company with business interests in the medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and consumer goods industries. Neutrogena is being managed under the Consumer Division, along with other well-known J&J brands like Clean & Clear, and Aveeno.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock SPF 30 – Does It Really Work?
This product is designed to deliver the following benefits for your skin:
- Provide ample sun protection that suits your daily activities
- Protect with a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen
- Better neutralize free radicals
- Help your skin defend itself from environmental stressors
- Soothe and calm your skin from early signs of damage
What Are The Ingredients In Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock SPF 30?
- Avobenzone (2.0%), Homosalate (15.0%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5.0%), Oxybenzone (6.0%): Chemical sunscreen actives which, together, protect your skin against UVA and UVB damage
- Butylene Glycol: This ingredient is a colorless organic alcohol used as a solvent and as a conditioning agent.this ingredient can cause a rashes and other forms of irritation in individuals with sensitive skin.
- Dimethicone: This ingredient works as an anti-foaming agent.
- Glyceryl Stearate: This ingredient is used as a skin conditioning agent.
Benefits Of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock SPF 30
- This product goes well under makeup, won’t lump, won’t grease, and won’t make your makeup slide or move out of place for having slippery skin.
- Consistency is very lightweight and will not feel heavy nor hot on skin
- Gives your skin a dry finish. Although customers reviews tells a different story.
Disadvantages Of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock SPF 30
- This product contains Retinyl Palmitate, a derivative of Vitamin A, which loses its potency as soon as it is exposed to sun and heat.
- This product is formulated with chemical sunscreens which have been associated with countless adverse effects on your skin and your overall health and well-being.
- Some Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30 reviews posted by users indicate that some people have experienced irritations due to product use.
- This product may not be suitable for sensitive skin.
Does Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock SPF 30 Have any Side Effects?
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including chemical sunscreen actives, fragrances, and butylene glycol
- Increased risk for endocrine-related diseases due to BHT and parabens
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol
- Increased risk for photosensitivity due to retinyl palmitate
How To Apply Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock SPF 30
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30 must be applied at least 15 minutes before heading outdoors.
Final Verdict: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Sunscreen SPF 30
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30 will give you protection from damaging UV much in the same way that other sunscreens would. Unfortunately, it is also made up of the same ingredients that protect your skin from UV yet harm your skin in other ways, most notably, such effect of chemical sunscreens.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Sunscreens
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."