Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Sunscreen SPF 30 Review: Is It Safe To Use?
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30 Introduction
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30, US $10.99 for 3.0 oz., is a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen that is also infused with antioxidants.
What Does Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30 Claim
This product is designed to deliver the following benefits for your skin:
- Provide ample sun protection that suits your daily activities
- Protect with a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen
- Better neutralize free radicals
- Help your skin defend itself from environmental stressors
- Soothe and calm your skin from early signs of damage
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30 Manufacturer’s Detail
Neutrogena is a brand which Johnson & Johnson is marketing as a special formulation product line that suits special skin requirements, catering to markets that fall in between the mass market products and luxury skincare lines but, not exactly meant for use on skin with special conditions.
Johnson & Johnson is a multinational company with business interests in the medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and consumer goods industries. Neutrogena is being managed under the Consumer Division, along with other well-known J&J brands like Clean & Clear, and Aveeno.
Working of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30
This product combines chemical sunscreen actives which act as UV filters. The UV protection is amped with antioxidants.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30 Ingredients
- Avobenzone (2.0%), Homosalate (15.0%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5.0%), Oxybenzone (6.0%): Chemical sunscreen actives which, together, protect your skin against UVA and UVB damage
- Helioplex: A patented sunscreen technology that adds another layer of protection from the sun’s damaging UV rays
- >Oat (Aveena Sativa) Kernel Extract: Provides intense moisturization to immediately relieve skin from possible irritations that can be derived from this formula itself
- Ascorbyl Palmitate: Also Vitamin C, it adds antioxidant protection and helps re-energize your skin, making it better resilient to damage caused by environmental stressors
- Bisabolol: Promotes better skin synthesis, helps rebuild the protective barrier, and it also has strong anti-inflammatory properties
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30 Pros
- This product goes well under makeup, won’t lump, won’t grease, and won’t make your makeup slide or move out of place for having slippery skin.
- Consistency is very lightweight and will not feel heavy nor hot on skin
- Gives your skin a dry finish.
- This sunscreen is waterproof, sweat-proof, and designed for long-wear.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30 Cons
- This product contains Retinyl Palmitate, a derivative of Vitamin A, which loses its potency as soon as it is exposed to sun and heat.
- THis product is formulated with chemical sunscreens which have been associated with countless adverse effects on your skin and your overall health and well-being.
- Some Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30 reviews posted by users indicate that some people have experienced irritations due to product use.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30 Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including chemical sunscreen actives, fragrances, and butylene glycol
- Increased risk for endocrine-related diseases due to BHT and parabens
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol
- Increased risk for photosensitivity due to retinyl palmitate
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30 must be applied at least 15 minutes before heading outdoors.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30 reviews posted by users read:
- “After I put on my moisturizer in the morning, my skin is matte and soft. Once I put on this sunscreen on top, my skin has a slight shine (but not noticeable unless up close). As I go through my day, I end up looking like I came from a workout because the shine on my forehead is just that bad. The rest of my face is not as shiny, but does feel slick.”
- “Very glad we had bought this for our vacation to the beach! …My husband spent several hours in the ocean and it did not wear off after 5 to 6 hours! When it says water resistant – it really is waterproof & sweat resistant!”
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30 will give you protection from damaging UV much in the same way that other sunscreens would. Unfortunately, it is also made up of the same ingredients that protect your skin from UV yet harm your skin in other ways, most notably, such effect of chemical sunscreens.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: