Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Sunscreen SPF 45 Review
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45 Introduction
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45, US $10.99 for 3.0 oz., is a chemical sunscreen meant for daily use.
What Does Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45 Claim
This product is designed to deliver the following benefits for your skin:
- Provide ample daily broad spectrum sunscreen protection to shield your skin from UVA and UVB rays
- Provide a sheer, lightweight, and oil-free formula that won’t leave your cover greasy even when layered with your day time makeup
- Give you all-day protection that will require minimal reapplication
- Strengthen your skin’s synthesis and support the rebuilding of your skin’s surface layer
- Soothe and calm your skin from inflammation
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45 Manufacturer’s Detail
Johnson & Johnson owns and operates Neutrogena, the skin care brand that is marketed as a specialized skin care line meant for those with special skin care needs, although not exactly for skin types that are being targeted by another brand managed by J&J, Aveeno, which is meant for people with special skin conditions. J&J is a global company with business interests in the medical devices, pharmaceuticals and consumer goods industries.
Working of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45
This product combines the power of chemical sunscreen actives to protect your skin from UVA and UVB with potent antioxidant protection that adds another layer of protection shielding your skin from the sun but also from environmental factors that damage your skin.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45 Ingredients
- Avobenzone (2.0%), Homosalate (15.0%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5.0%), Oxybenzone (6.0%) : Chemical sunscreen actives which, together, protect your skin from both the sun burning UVB and the wrinkle-causing UVA rays
- Helioplex: A proprietary technology that works by shielding your skin from the sun, adding an additional layer apart from sunscreen actives, to further improve your sun protection
- Ascorbyl Palmitate: Also Vitamin C, it provides highly potent antioxidant protection that neutralizes free radicals and helps protect your skin from environmental causes of skin damage and aging
- Bisabolol: strengthens your skin’s barrier while also improving skin synthesis
- Oat (Aveena Sativa) Kernel Extract: Has a calming effect on skin, it also soothes your skin with deep nourishment and moisturization to help relieve chronic skin dryness
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45 Pros
- This product is waterproof, sweat-proof, and is meant to last you all day long.
- This product will never cause your pores to become clogged.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45 Cons
- This product is formulated with toxic chemical sunscreen actives which have been shown time and again to cause detrimental long-term effects to your health.
- Several Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45 reviews posted by users indicate that some people will experience irritations from using this product.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45 Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including chemical sunscreen actives, fragrances, and retinyl palmitate
- Increased risk for endocrine-related diseases due to BHT and parabens
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol
- Increased risk for photosensitivity due to retinyl palmitate
- Increased risk for cancers due to PEGs
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45 must be applied on your skin at least 15 minutes before you walk outdoors.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45 reviews posted by users read:
- “…SPF 45 started to make my skin sting when I put it on…I thought it was because my skin was getting sensitive from my retinol night cream, but I tried using the sunscreen after I’d discontinued using the cream, and it still left my skin stinging and irritated…The SPF 45 hasn’t left my skin feeling as painful, but still leaves it sensitive to the touch and super easily irritated/irritable.”
- “This is my go to sunscreen. Hands down. I used this the whole time I was living in Hawaii. I have very sensitive skin and this never caused a breakout or irritation. If anything, it softened my skin. It never makes my face greasy or shiny…”
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45 is a comprehensive sunscreen product that not only considers your UV shield but also, how it will look on you and your makeup. Despite the remarkable components, however, the bottomline stays the same, chemical sunscreens do make your choose between your skin health and your overall health. Yet, there are options where you don’t need to choose between the two.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: