Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Sunscreen SPF 55 Review: Is It Safe To Use?
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55 Introduction
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55, US $10.99 for 3.0 fl. oz.,
What Does Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55 Claim
This product is designed to deliver the following benefits for your skin:
- Provide your skin with a highly potent, resistant, and long-wearing sunscreen protection that helps prevent UV-induced skin damage and aging
- Help you maintain youthful looking skin that is well-protected from both UV and environmental stressors
- Support your anti-aging skin care strategy by protecting your skin from damage and aging
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55 Manufacturer’s Detail
Neutrogena is one of the biggest brands owned and managed by the multinational, Johnson & Johnson. The brand has been positioned as a skin care brand that caters to the specialized needs of consumers looking for more science in their products although not necessarily needing special care to treat special skin conditions. Johnson & Johnson is also the company behind Aveeno and Clean & Clear, two of the many other more recognizable skin care brands it manages.
Working of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55
This product combines 5 chemical sunscreen actives to provide your skin with a highly potent and resistant sunscreen protection that is meant to outlast most other day time sunscreens.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55 Ingredients
- Avobenzone (3.0%), Homosalate (10.0%), Octisalate (5.0%), Octocrylene (2.8%), Oxybenzone (6.0%): Chemical sunscreen actives that combine to give you potent and highly resilient broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 55 protection from the sun’s harmful UV
- Helioplex Technology: A patented system of adding another layer of sun protection that effectively shields your skin from both the factors that cause sun and environmentally induced damage
- Butyloctyl Salicylate: An ultraviolet (UV) light absorber that helps this formula draw in the UV so that the chemical reactions to change its composition to less damaging by-products, like heat, can begin
- Diethylhexyl 2,6- Naphthalate: Photostabilize the sunscreen actives in this formula so that these do not break down when exposed to sunlight
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55 Pros
- It up to 80 minutes of waterproof sunscreen protection.
- This product’s sweat-proof protection prevents running the product into eyes.
- It is non-greasy and lightly scented.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55 Cons
- The formula is thick and can be difficult to blend into skin.
- This formula will not go well under makeup, and show a white streak across your face which changes the color of your cover.
- Many Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55 reviews have indicated that this sunscreen may not provide sufficient protection for regular, prolonged exposure.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55 Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including fragrance ingredients
- Increased risk for estrogen-related organ dysfunctions due to parabens and BHT
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol
- Increased risk for reproductive system-related diseases due to EDTA
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55 must be used alone or layered with your makeup everyday. Apply product at least 15 minutes before you step outdoors.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55 reviews posted by users read:
- “One thing to note is that the sunblock does dry and not leave an oily feel to your skin, but it is a little weird going on initially. It’s super thick and a little hard to distribute on your skin. You have to really smear and work it around to get proper coverage…So, definitely 5 stars for being effective, but 4 stars for being hard to apply.”
- “Light feel and consistency but can’t use on my face. Breaks my face out in itchy rash. Will never use on my face but Works ok on body.”
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55 is a sunscreen designed to give you better water and sweat resistant sun protection that effectively shields your skin from UVA and UVB for longer periods of time. Of course, there was always meant to be a couple of drawbacks, and one of those is that SPF 55 is too thick to be layered with your makeup, leaves a white streak that turns fair skin into ashen. Again, satisfaction is not guaranteed but, chances of being happy with your product purchases dramatically go up when these are suitable to your needs.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: