Nightskin Review : Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More
What Is Nightskin?
As per the manufacturer, Nightskin is a facial serum specifically designed to be used at night to help ‘turn back the clock’. Developed by a reputable cosmetic surgeon Dr. Arthur W. Perry, the serum is likened to a ‘multivitamin’ for the skin.
The Nightskin website is a very clean site that has easy to read information, a good FAQ section and details regarding Dr. Perry who, as well as being a practising surgeon. No customer testimonials are shown on the site.
Nightskin –Does It Really Work?
The Nightskin serum works by using a formula consisting of small molecules that are easily absorbed by the skin to target the problem areas. The serum address many facial skin issues such as fine lines, wrinkles, age spots (or discoloring) and even dark circles. It is particularly beneficial for use at night due to the fact that some of the ingredients are light sensitive and therefore not so potent during the daytime.
The website for Nightskin lists only four ingredients for the serum although it is not known whether these are the only substances in it or simply those that are active. To diminish fine lines and decrease discoloration in the skin, Nightskin contains Retinyl Propionate, a form of vitamin A that, as mentioned, loses some of its potency in daylight. To act as a non-harsh but effective exfoliant, Glycolic acid is added plus L-Ascorbic acid, a type of vitamin C is used for its anti-oxidant skin damage reducing properties. Finally, for gentle skin lightening a herbal licorice extract is included in the formula.
It is recommended that Nightskin is used every night after thoroughly cleansing and removing make-up.
Benefits Of Nightskin
- The serum addresses a number of skin problems
- The serum is in a pump-dispenser to cut down on bacterial contamination
- The ingredients are specifically for night-time use. Although it may not be suitable for all skin types.
Disadvantages Of Nightskin
- No full ingredient list is given
- The consumer would require a separate day-time cream
- Some consumers may experience skin irritation at first
- The serum is expensive, costing $49.95 for 1floz
Final Verdict: Nightskin
While it may be preferable, and certainly more affordable, to use a cream to help signs of aging, it is doubtful as to whether a serum such as Nightskin could really have the same effects as Botox or cosmetic surgery. However, for those that use an anti-wrinkle cream anyway, Nightskin does seem like a good choice and judging from consumer feedback, would be worth spending that little bit extra money.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.