Nivea My Silhouette – At A Glance
Nivea is a long-established skin care company that produces a wide range of products. My Silhouette is a ‘Slimming Reshaping Gel-cream’ that the company promises will, with regular use, reduce certain parts of the body by up to 3cm.
The Nivea website is impressive and well-produced, with clean graphics and a lot of general skin care information. However, the details regarding My Silhouette are brief, and the site offers no FAQ section or customer testimonials. Nivea does provide information that educates the customer on how to dress for their body shape and shows the most effective exercises for slimming down the body.
While there are no precise clinical results shown, the Nivea company claims that 68% of women said the product was successful and that 81% felt that their skin was more toned. In addition to that, there are numerous independent consumer reviews that give My Silhouette high ratings.
Nivea My Silhouette – Facts
My Silhouette comes in a 7oz tube and is to be applied 1-2 times per day. There are no instructions on how to apply the gel although it is likely to be more effective when applied in circular massaging motions. It can be used on any part of the body including the usual ‘wobbly bits’ such as hips, thighs, belly and backside.
The official Nivea website does not include many details about the ingredients in the gel, apart from listing White Tea extract and Anise as the substances in the Bio-slim complex. According to Nivea My Silhouette, White Tea, an anti-oxidant, has the ability to slim down fat cells and prevent further cells from forming. Anise extract is thought to increase collagen production, something which decreases as we age causing skin to loosen and sag. The formula does not claim to be fragrance free and may case irritation to those with sensitive skin types.
M Silhouette is easily available through retail stores, most which sell it for an average of about $9.00-$13.00 per tube.
Nivea My Silhouette – Positive Features
- Nivea is a well-known company with a trusted reputation
- My Silhouette gel has a cooling sensation when applied
- The formula contains anti-oxidant and firming ingredients
- The Nivea website has advice on exercise and general skin care
- The product has undergone clinical testing
- My Silhouette is easy to apply
- The product has received good independent reviews
- My Silhouette is affordable
Nivea My Silhouette – Negative Features
- The full ingredient list is not shown
- The product formula is not fragrance free
- The Nivea site contains no customer testimonials
- No free sample of My Silhouette is offered
- Information on the Nivea website is limited
Nivea My Silhouette – Conclusion
There is a lack of information on this Nivea-made product. While it is very unlikely that My Silhouette will drastically alter the shape of the body, it did have some firming and toning effect for a few reviewers. It may not be the best choice for firming and toning since there is limited information about the product.