Nivea Sun Protect & Moisture Sun Lotion ReviewsAdvertising Disclosure ?
What is Nivea Sun Protect & Moisture Sun Lotion?
You can’t possibly have too much sun protection! That goes most especially when you are headed for an all-day affair that brings the sun into the equation. Whether you are attending a wedding by the beach, mountain hiking during the day or, headed for a swim, you’re bound to be exposed to the sun’s harmful UV rays over a prolonged period of time, and therefore, you will need a higher strength SPF to help keep your skin from burning and becoming damaged by the sun.
See, sun damage can be very tricky to manage but, one thing’s for certain, once your skin has been damaged, there’s no permanent way of turning back your skin to its original condition.
The manufacturer claims,NIVEA SUN PROTECT & MOISTURE MOISTURISING SUNSCREEN LOTION with SPF 50 does the job of providing your skin with an added skin protection for those days when your skin needs more help in blocking off the sun’s harmful UV rays.
This product provides you with a broad spectrum protection that effectively shields your skin from the cell damaging effects of both UVA and UVB rays. With an SPF 50 formulation, this product is capable of providing you with water resistant sun protection for up to 4 hours.
Other than its protective function, this product promises to provides your skin with the added moisturization required most especially when your skin is exposed to the sun. By simultaneously boosting your skin’s moisture levels, this product keeps your skin ultrahydrated to better prevent moisture loss and fight the cell damaging effects of free radicals caused by sun exposure.There is no product price mentioned on its official website.
NIVEA is manufactured and distributed by Beiersdorf, a globally reputable skincare company that is also behind La Prairie, Leuko, Elastoplast, Elastoplast Sport, and Eucerin. NIVEA and Beiersdorf have been a trusted household name for over 125 years.
Nivea Sun Protect & Moisture Sun Lotion – Does it really work?
Nivea Sun Protect & Moisture Sun Lotion with SPF 50 is formulated with a complex combination of active sunscreen ingredients that shield and filter damaging UVA and UVB rays to protect skin against sunburn and longer term skin damages that result to the manifestation of signs of skin aging.
The formulation is also infused with deeply moisturizing ingredients and powerful antioxidants, including Vitamin E, which floods the skin with much needed nourishment to keep it hydrated even as your skin is exposed to heat that makes skin more prone to transepidermal water loss and dryness.
What are the Ingredients in Nivea Sun Protect & Moisture Sun Lotion?
Nivea Sun Protect & Moisture Sun Lotion is made from the following active ingredients which act as sunscreen:
- TitaniumDioxide: This ingredient protects skin from UVA and UVB radiation and is considered no risk of skin sensitivity.
- Phenoxyethanol: Phenoxyethanol is used as an anti-bacterial in cosmetics as well as a stabilizer in perfume.However it can causeskin and lung irritation.
- Glycerin: It may help skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation. It is also used to moisture on your skin,However sometimes it causes allergic reactions like rash, itching or swelling.
- Glyceryl Stearate: This fatty acid appears in nature and works as a lubricant for the skin. It penetrates the skin deeply to keep it from losing moisture.
Benefits of Nivea Sun Protect & Moisture Sun Lotion
- Shields and protects skin from UVA and UVB rays.
- Moisturizes skin but it sometimes causes skin rash or irritation.
Disadvantages of Nivea Sun Protect & Moisture Sun Lotion
- There is no product price mentioned on its official site.
- This product causes allergic reactions like ski rash or itching.
- This product contains high amounts of alcohol that can lead to skin dryness with prolonged continuous use.
How To Apply Nivea Sun Protect & Moisture Sun Lotion
- Apply to skin after bathing.
- Dry skin well before applying liberally on skin.
- Allow skin to absorb the product well at least 30 minutes before sun exposure.
- Reapply product every two hours or even more frequently if you are sweating heavily or swimming.
Does Nivea Sun Protect & Moisture Sun Lotion Have any Side effects?
- Avobenzone and Butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane have moderate to high risks of causing hormone disruption, and therefore disrupting the regulation and control of certain body processes that take their cue from hormones.
- Product contains Hydroxybenzoates (Parabens) that have been proven to be hormone-disrupting as well.
- Product contains phenoxyethanol which is a known neurotoxic, and can cause severe health effects to the central nervous system.
Final Verdict : Nivea Sun Protect & Moisture Sun Lotion
NIVEA SUN PROTECT & MOISTURE MOISTURISING SUNSCREEN LOTION with SPF 50 can give your skin the protection it needs for longer, prolonged sun exposure. It’s for those moments when you need special sun protection that moisturizes your skin at the same time.It does not offer money back guarantee.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Sunscreens
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."