Nyx Charcoal Cleanser Review: Is It Really Effective?
NYX Stripped Off Whipped Charcoal Cleanser Introduction
NYX Stripped Off Whipped Charcoal Cleanser, US $12 for 3.38 oz., is a foaming charcoal product that absorbs the excess oil on your skin to leave your skin surface with a mattified look and finish, while also clearing away the impurities.
What Does NYX Stripped Off Whipped Charcoal Cleanser Claim
This product is designed to deliver the following benefits for your skin:
- Clears away dirt, grime and other impurities that have aggregated on your skin throughout the day
- Promotes a clearer, more revitalized complexion to relieve your skin of fatigue and tired look
- Draws out excess oils, rolls these up then, eliminates these from your skin for a grease-free surface
- Enhance your skin tone and overall complexion
- Leave your skin refreshed, clearer, brighter and, in time, blemish-free
NYX Stripped Off Whipped Charcoal Cleanser Manufacturer’s Detail
NYX was originally established as a cult cosmetics brand that has recently been expanded to include skin care and personal care products. It first gained attention when it aced establishing its foothold in the mineral cosmetics niche. NYX is one of many other brands operated and managed by L’Oreal, one of the largest and most recognizable players in the global skin care industry, others include The Body Shop and Essie.
Working of NYX Stripped Off Whipped Charcoal Cleanser
This product primarily functions to slough off the impurities from your skin, including the toughest build up, and even your most stubborn makeup residues to clean, clear and purify your skin. The charcoal also detoxifies your skin and leaves your surface with a mattified finish.
NYX Stripped Off Whipped Charcoal Cleanser Ingredients
- Palmitic Acid: Provides gentle cleansing that does not strip off your skin’s natural oils nor damage its protective barrier
- Lauric Acid: Has antimicrobial properties that helps purify your skin, and follows through by delivering moisture
- Charcoal Powder: Helps clear your skin of impurities, including excess oils, and in detoxifying your skin
- Potassium Cocoyl Glycinate: A foaming agent that lathers to help loosen up tough debris and grime that mask your skin and block your pores
NYX Stripped Off Whipped Charcoal Cleanser Pros
- This product provides your skin with a gentle exfoliation, a better option for when you have sensitive skin because, unlike other formulas, this one does not use irritating acids to purify and detoxify your skin.
- The creamy texture almost feels like the product is melting into your skin.
NYX Stripped Off Whipped Charcoal Cleanser Cons
- This product will need to be rinsed.
- The formula might not be strong enough to remove stubborn makeup made for long-wear, and may still require another step to remove these with a makeup remover.
- Several NYX Stripped Off Whipped Charcoal Cleanser reviews posted by users indicate that some people find that the product leaves a residue that can cause pores to become clogged.
NYX Stripped Off Whipped Charcoal Cleanser Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients
- Increased risk for permanent skin damage due to Potassium Hydroxide which corrodes your skin
- Increased risk for cancers due to PEGs which easily becomes contaminated with other toxic chemicals including 1, 4 dioxane, a confirmed carcinogen
NYX Stripped Off Whipped Charcoal Cleanser may be used once daily, at night, for best results or, use as a regular day and night cleanser depending on your skin’s tolerance. Rinse off completely after lathering.
NYX Stripped Off Whipped Charcoal Cleanser reviews posted by users read:
- “I took my makeup off with this and I am pleased to say it removed everything with ease and left my skin very clean and smooth, however, I don’t like the smell…and it did make my skin feel a little dry…” — Jkeys83 on Ulta
- “The smell isn’t great or bad, it’s neutral to me so I’d say it’s good for sensitive skin. It’s great at cleaning out pores without making your face feel dry.” — Cruelty Free Beauty on Ulta
NYX Stripped Off Whipped Charcoal Cleanser gives your skin a good cleanse, ridding your skin of impurities, probably some purifying, plus a matte skin finish too. Although, these could be the only benefits that you can derive from this US $12 cleanser which is still fair enough at this price point. If you have acne to tackle and your skin can tolerate it, get a product that has alpha and beta hydroxy acids in it to go down to the root of your acne problem —that is, bacteria that has grown out of proportion.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Facial Cleansers formulations on the market in our opinion: