Obagi C-Cleansing Gel Review
Obagi C-Cleansing Gel Introduction
Obagi C-Cleansing Gel, US $42 for 6 fl. oz., is a rinse off facial cleanser that is enriched with Vitamin C to render not just purifying effects for your skin but also anti-aging benefits.
What Does Obagi C-Cleansing Gel Claim
The manufacturer claims that this product has been specially formulated to deliver the following benefits for your skin:
- Lift, dissolve and eliminate oil, dirt, makeup residues, and other impurities from your skin
- Draw out other impurities that are deposited in your pores to help clear blemishes and prevent breakouts
- Lighten dark spots and promote a brighter overall complexion
- Prep your skin to better absorb the beneficial ingredients infused in the rest of the products in your skin care regimen
- Leave your skin with a cool, clean, and refreshing feeling
Obagi C-Cleansing Gel Manufacturer’s Detail
Obagi is a skin care line named after and originally established by celebrity dermatologist, Dr Zein Obagi, in 1988. Today, the Obagi brand is owned and managed by Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc., which specially catered to professional skincare specialist initially but now, has made prestige, professionally formulated skincare products accessible for mass markets as well.
Working of Obagi C-Cleansing Gel
This product rids your skin, including your pores, of impurities by loosening tough grime and then dissolving this into the solution to rinse it off of your skin. It then follows through with skin brightening for a more refreshed and brighter after cleanse complexion
Obagi C-Cleansing Gel Ingredients
- Hydroquinone (4.0%): Inhibits melanin formation by cutting off pigmentation forming pathways which effectively lightens age spots and other hyper pigmented patches on your skin
- Vitamin C: Has natural astringent properties that help tone and tighten skin, as well as promote a brighter, overall complexion
- Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acid: Acts as a skin conditioner, this ingredient also helps surface impurities stuck in your pores, as well as loosen up tough dirt, grime, product residues and damaged skin sitting on the surface of your skin
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate: Helps dissolve impurities from your skin and gives this product a nice lather to help eliminate impurities from your skin
Obagi C-Cleansing Gel Pros
- This product is lightly scented which adds to the soothing feel of your cleansing ritual.
- Based on reports by satisfied users, this product showed clearer, brighter skin within just a few days after the first wash.
- It delivers multiple functions that go above and beyond the basic functions of a cleanser.
Obagi C-Cleansing Gel Cons
- This is formulated with hydroquinone which has been branded as a suspected carcinogen and, for which, has been banned for use in skincare products in European countries and Japan.
- It contains hydroquinone and Vitamin C which you should rather be obtaining from products that you leave-on your skin because with this solution, you rinse off this beneficial (and expensive) ingredients after a few seconds anyway which is a complete waste for these ingredients.
- Obagi C-Cleansing Gel reviews indicate that this product is not suitable for use by pregnant women, and nursing and breastfeeding mothers.
Obagi C-Cleansing Gel Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including sodium metabisulfite and Sodium Laureth Sulfate
- Increased risk for acne and breakouts due to pore-clogging Sodium Laureth Sulfate
- Increased risk for cancers due to hydroquinone, a suspected carcinogen, but which has, nevertheless, been banned for use in topical products in many countries around the world
- Increased risk for endocrine-related diseases and organ dysfunctions related to fluctuations in estrogen levels due to parabens
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol
Apply Obagi C-Cleansing Gel on damp skin. Massage then rinse.
There are no negative reviews about this product.
The additional benefits from Obagi C-Cleansing Gel would have been stellar if this product were to perform its primary function first, and that is to cleanse your skin thoroughly. Sadly, it isn’t built for tough impurities, and may still compel you to take an extra step to wipe off your makeup first before you cleanse.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Facial Cleansers formulations on the market in our opinion: