Obagi Clenziderm Cream Cleanser Review:Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What is Obagi Clenziderm Cream Cleanser?
Obagi CLENZIderm MD Daily Care Foaming Cleanser,offers to unclog your pores and lift the debris of impurities, including dead skin cells, masking your skin.
As mentioned on its official site, Obagi is a skin care line named after and originally established by celebrity dermatologist, Dr Zein Obagi, in 1988. Today, the Obagi brand is owned and managed by Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc., which specially catered to professional skincare specialist initially but now, has made prestige, professionally formulated skincare products accessible for mass markets as well.
This product is seems to be unavailable for sell on third party sites like Amezon.
Obagi Clenziderm Cream Cleanser – Does it really work?
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver the following benefits for your skin:
- Deliver salicylic acid to perform exfoliation function that stimulate faster and more efficient skin regeneration and renewal.
- Loosen up tough grime while simultaneously drawing out impurities stuck in your pores to give you a clearer, blemish-free complexion.
- Relieve your skin of irritation and other signs of inflammation to clarify your skin and give it a more even skin tone.
This product relies heavily on salicylic acid to perform daily intense cleansing for your skin. The formula also contains surfactants that helps this product dissolve impurities better and faster to clear and purify your skin.
What are the Ingredients in Obagi Clenziderm Cream Cleanser?
- Salicylic Acid (2.0%): A beta hydroxy acid, it functions as a skin exfoliant, gently sloughing off and lifting the damaged top layer of your skin as it also regulates oil production and skin shedding to avoid clogging your pores.
- Butyl Avocadate: A combination of butyl alcohol and avocado oil which functions as a skin conditioner, also helps restore the optimal hydration functions of your skin to keep it well moisturized inside and out for long hours but it may alos cause skin irritation sometimes.
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine: A surfactant commonly added to cleansers, this ingredient, derived from coconut oil, loosens up tough dirt and grime, dissolves these then, eliminating these by washing off of your skin.
Benefits of Obagi Clenziderm Cream Cleanser
- The salicylic acid concentration in this product is sufficient to deliver the beneficial skin functions of a beta hydroxy acid. However it leads to redness or peeling on skin.
- This product leaves your skin with a cool, refreshing feeling that lasts for hours.
- Its lightweight consistency is capable of dissolving even tough impurities and stubborn makeup residues.
Disadvantages of Obagi Clenziderm Cream Cleanser
- Although the salicylic acid concentration is infused at a potent level, this ingredient has a very limited opportunity to act on your skin and treat it due to the nature of this rinse off product.
- The product can be extremely drying and may not be suitable for application on dry to very dry skin types.
- Obagi CLENZIderm MD Daily Care Foaming Cleanser reviews indicate that this product may be irritating to some users.
Does Obagi Clenziderm Cream Cleanser Have any Side Effects?
Based on this product’s composition, skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including menthol, sodium laureth sulfate, and fragrance ingredients, can be expected.
How To Apply Obagi Clenziderm Cream Cleanser
- Obagi CLENZIderm MD Daily Care Foaming Cleanser must be applied on your skin day and night, as the first step of your routine.
- Always wash using gentle strokes and rinse off with lukewarm water so as not to dry out your skin.
- Follow through immediately with your toner and moisturizer.
Final Verdict : Obagi Clenziderm Cream Cleanser
Obagi CLENZIderm MD Daily Care Foaming Cleanser brings with it the powerful exfoliating properties of salicylic acid. Although benefits can be derived from such a BHA-formulated facial cleanser, the rinse off nature of this product wastes more of the potentially beneficial ingredients that get a very limited time to get into contact with your skin. When it comes to AHAs and BHAs, it’s always best to derive them from products that you leave on your skin.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Facial Cleansers formulations on the market in our opinion: