Obagi ELASTIderm Eye Cream Review: Does it work?
If eye bags and dark under eye circles were always your biggest skin issue, chances are, you’ve always spent challenging times and several hours trying to blot them out with makeup and your night time serums. It is likely, you’ve also wished you could top it off with real skin — youthful and flawless —instead.
What if you were told that your wish has just been granted? Harvard and M.I.T. scientists have just recently published the results of an experiment that they did on creating a crosslinked polymer layer. Researchers are describing the resulting thin film as ‘second skin’, which essentially mimics the youthful look and elasticity of young skin. It isn’t going to see market any time soon, however, so you’ll have to keep using your eye cream until then.
Product Description, Manufacturer’s Information and Price Details
While you’re screening which eye cream to use, Obagi has been proudly boasting of the visible results users can obtain from using its ELASTIderm Eye Cream. Is this product any different from the eye cream you’re using now or, the one you ditched before it, and hundreds of others that you’ve left half empty?
Quite frankly, ObagiELASTIderm Eye Cream makes you the same promise to reinvigorate your tired looking eyes. How it works is just like any other you’ve seen and tried before. It claims to work collaboratively with your skin’s natural repair and rejuvenation processes, boosting collagen and elastin production that gets the wheels of skin resurfacing running more efficiently.
What makes it different? It’s the promise of clinical grade and professional strength formulation which you simply can’t get from your drugstore products.
This cream is made from skin nourishing Vitamin E, UV protecting Titanium Dioxide, barrier-forming Dimethicone, and a host of antioxidants that protect the skin from free radicals. This product is made from the following ingredients: Water, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, C13-15 Alkane, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Peg-100 Stearate, Diproprylene Glycol Dibenzoate, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether Benzoate, Polyacrylamide, Cetyl Alcohol, CetylDimethicone, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Laureth-7, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), GlycyrrhizaGlabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Algae Extract, VacciniumAngustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, HDI/TrimethylolHexyllactoneCrosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Malonic Acid, Malachite, Zinc Carbonate, Silica, Talc, Alumina, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491).
Use ObagiELASTIderm Eye Cream twice daily.
This product’s formulation is clinical grade which gives it full strength thus, you can expect better protection for skin around your eyes and visible improvements in the appearance of signs of aging around these areas.
Sold at $95.20 for every .5 oz., this product is expensive.
Your skin deserves nothing less than the latest breakthroughs in skincare science. While skin products are under research and still undergoing perfection, however, your aging skin cannot wait. That compels you to make do with what’s available off-the-shelf or in your specialist’s clinic but, in no way does that mean you should settle for products that are of substandard quality.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.