Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. Therapeutic Moisturizer Review: Does This Moisturizer Really Work?
Obagi Moisturizer Overview:
Obagi Moisturizer is a glycerin-rich product intended to keep skin hydrated. It is also said to protect the skin among other numerous benefits that include anti-aging and soothing features.
This Obagi Moisturizer review will hopefully help you decide for yourself if this moisturizer is worth a shot.
About Obagi Moisturizer – Does It Really Work?
Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. Therapeutic Moisturizer comes from Obagi, a powerful skin care line that promises to provide beauty regimen products whose combined effects, innovative technologies, and potent ingredients can rejuvenate the skin and help fight aging.
Part of the product line is a trademark of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. and other affiliated companies.
According to the manufacturer, this Obagi system, including this moisturizer can:
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Moisturize the skin and improve its smoothness.
- Minimize pore size for a more balanced and even skin texture and tone.
- Improve skin’s elasticity.
- Correct and fade away blemishes.
- Erase hyperpigmentation and age spots.
- Normalize and control the skin’s oil production.
- Improve the skin’s ability to retain moisture.
- Maximize the skin’s tolerance and resilience to various external and environmental factors.
- Penetrate the skin deeply to reach into the pores and fight bacteria.
- Reduce acne breakouts and prevent future breakouts in just 1 week.
- Diminish acne lesions after at least 12 weeks of use.
- Treat mild to moderate acne.
- Calm, protect, and soothe the skin through its non-comedogenic, glycerin-rich formula.
What Are The Ingredients In Obagi Moisturizer?
The following Obagi Moisturizer ingredients are said to be behind its beneficial effects:
- 20% Glycerin: A natural or synthetic humectant that readily absorbs and attracts water from the environment to increase the moisture levels on the skin surface.
- Allantoin: This is a by-product of uric acid that aids in reducing inflammation and irritation.
- Triethanolamine: This substance is a formula thickening agent that also acts as a skin conditioner.
- Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer: This is a copolymer of silicone that thickens the formula and also assists in binding moisture to the skin and forming a moisture barrier to retain it there.
Directions To Use:
After cleansing the skin with a mild, gentle cleanser and warm water, pat it dry with a clean, soft cloth. Then, apply the Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. Therapeutic Moisturizer as needed.
- Moisturizes, replenishes, and soothes the skin.
- Lightweight formula.
- Provides intensive moisture.
- Prevents excessive oil production.
- Eliminates itching and flaking brought about by intense acne treatment.
- Keeps the skin soft and hydrated.
Does Obagi Moisturizer Have Any Side-Effects?
Clinical studies are yet to officially prove Obagi Moisturizer side effects. However, the chemical ingredients such as a corn starch derivative, parabens, triethanolamine, and phenoxyethanol may cause mild to severe allergic reactions. Parabens are also known to be potential disruptors of the endocrine system.
Obagi Moisturizer Customer Reviews:
Check out the following Obagi Moisturizer reviews to help you decide whether or not this product is for you:
“I used this product solely and not the rest of the skin care system. It makes my skin feel very hydrated in the morning, but by midday, my skin is significantly more oily. I stick to using it at night. The lotion is thin and rubs in easy. It’s not greasy feeling. The scent is mildly fragrant and medicinal.”- Nathan Cusick via Amazon
“This was first recommended by my doctor after I had blue-light treatment for my acne. It works really well! I use it every day, and have yet to have acne come back. However, I have sensitive skin, which means this stuff burns like h-e-you-know-the-rest. When I talked to my doctor, she said to put on the treatment, wait 15 minutes, and put a face lotion on after, as a soothing step. My face still turns bright red when I put this on, but it isn’t as horrible a pain.”- Mika via Amazon
The Obagi Moisturizer is generally an ordinary moisturizer that addresses dryness of the skin with glycerin. However, it is a bit overpriced for such a simple product, and the ingredients composed of many preservatives and allergens can potentially cause allergic reactions or other adverse effects.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: