Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. Therapeutic Moisturizer Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What Is Obagi Moisturizer?
Obagi Medical is a global specialty pharmaceutical company founded by leading skin care experts in 1988. Obagi products are designed to help minimize the appearance of premature skin aging, skin damage, hyperpigmentation, acne, and sun damage and are primarily available through dermatologists, plastic surgeons, medical spas, and other skin care professionals.
Obagi Moisturizer is a glycerin-rich product intended to keep skin hydrated. It is also said to protect the skin among other numerous benefits that include anti-aging and soothing features.
This Obagi Moisturizer review will hopefully help you decide for yourself if this moisturizer is worth a shot.
Obagi Moisturizer – Does It Really Work?
Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. Therapeutic Moisturizer comes from Obagi, a powerful skin care line that promises to provide beauty regimen products whose combined effects, innovative technologies, and potent ingredients can rejuvenate the skin and help fight aging.
Part of the product line is a trademark of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. and other affiliated companies.
According to the manufacturer, this Obagi system, including this moisturizer can:
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Moisturize the skin and improve its smoothness.
- Minimize pore size for a more balanced and even skin texture and tone.
- Improve skin’s elasticity.
- Correct and fade away blemishes.
- Erase hyperpigmentation and age spots.
- Normalize and control the skin’s oil production.
What Are The Ingredients In Obagi Moisturizer?
The following Obagi Moisturizer ingredients are said to be behind its beneficial effects:
- 20% Glycerin: A natural or synthetic humectant that readily absorbs and attracts water from the environment to increase the moisture levels on the skin surface but also can cause skin irritation to sensitive skin.
- Allantoin: This is a by-product of uric acid that aids in reducing inflammation and irritation.
- Triethanolamine: This substance is a formula thickening agent that also acts as a skin conditioner.
- Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer: This is a copolymer of silicone that thickens the formula and also assists in binding moisture to the skin and forming a moisture barrier to retain it there. However, this coating property can also trap dirt, sebum and bacteria, resulting in skin irritation and clogged pores.
How To Apply Obagi Moisturizer
- As, per the manufacturer of the product , Firstly After cleansing the skin with a mild, gentle cleanser and warm water, pat it dry with a clean, soft cloth.
- Then, apply the Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. Therapeutic Moisturizer as needed.
Benefits of Obagi Moisturizer
- Moisturizes, replenishes, and soothes the skin. However you may notice some skin irritation!
- Lightweight formula.
- Provides intensive moisture.
Disadvantages of Obagi Moisturizer
- Contains parabens and other questionable ingredients that may cause allergies.
- Has a strong scent so it may not be suitable for people with sensitive skin and asthma or are prone to headaches.
- May cause tightness, redness, and irritation on sensitive skin based on customer reviews.
- Expensive for a moisturizer that gives only mildly satisfactory effects.
- Could use more anti-irritant, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant ingredients.
Does Obagi Moisturizer have Any Side-Effects?
Clinical studies are yet to officially prove Obagi Moisturizer side effects. However, the chemical ingredients such as a corn starch derivative, parabens, triethanolamine, and phenoxyethanol may cause mild to severe allergic reactions. Parabens are also known to be potential disruptors of the endocrine system.
Final Verdict: Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. Therapeutic Moisturizer
The Obagi Moisturizer is generally an ordinary moisturizer that addresses dryness of the skin with glycerin. However, it is a bit overpriced for such a simple product, and the ingredients composed of many preservatives and allergens can potentially cause allergic reactions or other adverse effects.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Moisturizers Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."