Obagi Nu-Derm Gentle Cleanser Review: Is It Safe And Effective?
Obagi Nu-Derm Gentle Cleanser Overview:
Obagi Nu-Derm Gentle Cleanser, US $42 for a 6.7 fl. oz. bottle, is a gentle facial wash Cleanser that provides deep but non-drying skin cleansing action specifically formulated with drier skin types in mind.
About Obagi Nu-Derm Gentle Cleanser — Does It Really Work?
This product is brought to you by Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc., the company that is presently in control of the Obagi line of products. Whereas previously, this skin care brand was only distributed to skin care professionals, Obagi products are now made more easily accessible to end-users as the brand has been distributed to mass markets both online and in physical stores. Obagi continues to be known as a professional dermatologist formulated brand.
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Draw out dirt, dead skin, and other impurities then eliminate these from your skin.
- Deliver a deeply nourishing formula that leaves your skin in a calmer, better moisturized state.
- Restore your skin’s optimal balance for a brighter skin tone and a more radiant complexion.
What Are The Ingredients In Obagi Nu-Derm Gentle Cleanser?
- Apricot Kernel Oil: Delivers a deep moisturizing and well conditioned feel to your skin, even as you are cleansing.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice: Facilitate faster skin healing and repair, it also delivers anti-inflammatory properties to immediately relieve your skin of any irritation that may possibly arise during cleansing.
- Panthenol: Also Pro-Vitamin B5, it moisturizes your skin then coats it in a thin film to help keep the moisture in, in turn, helping your skin stay well moisturized over longer periods of time.
- Oleyl Lactate: A moisturizing compound that helps bring back the ideal moisture content of your skin.
- Borago Officianalis Extract: Calms and soothes your skin from irritation and other forms of inflammation, it leaves your skin with a non-itchy feel that often follows a cleansing routine, most especially when you have dry skin.
- Sage Leaf Extract: It delivers a soothing relief while also adding antioxidant protection for your skin.
Directions To Use:
Obagi Nu-Derm Gentle Cleanser is recommended to be used as the first step of your morning and evening skin care regimens.
- Obagi Nu-Derm Gentle Cleanser is presented in a gel-based formula that allows for the better transport of beneficial ingredients in their most potent form.
- This product has been guaranteed by the manufacturer to have a calming effect on skin and, therefore, not irritated more sensitive skin types.
- This product contains a very low concentration and shallow variety of antioxidants.
- Obagi Nu-Derm Gentle Cleanser reviews indicate that several users experienced skin breakouts attributed to using this product.
Does Obagi Nu-Derm Gentle Cleanser Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Obagi Nu-Derm Gentle Cleanser:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including sodium laureth sulfate, artificial dyes and synthetic fragrances all of which can permanently damage your skin.
- Increased risk for skin infections and breakouts as SLS clogs pores and makes your skin become prone to infections.
- Increased risk for nerve damage and brain related dysfunctions due to phenoxyethanol.
- Increased risk for hormone-related irregularities, including associated organ dysfunctions, due to parabens.
Obagi Nu-Derm Gentle CleanserCustomer Reviews:
Obagi Nu-Derm Gentle Cleanser reviews read:
- “I am in the minority with this cleanser, but I did not like it. I use other Obagi products but I found this one much more harsh than the name let on. It seemed to cause irritation and break outs whenever I used it. I even tried stopping other products to discern whether this cleanser was truly the cause and there was just no other explanation. ” — zero347 on MakeupAlley.
- “Have used Obagi for 5 years (from 25 years old to 31)….my friends are now getting injections and Botox. Not only have I not had, nor needed, to get any fillers, but I truly have the youngest looking skin of my (beautiful) friends. Dr. Z. Obagi is the master. Use this program religiously, stay out of the sun, take care of yourself, and you will see results. I have recommended the program to many patients and they are so happy.” — ClaireCRNP on LovelySkin.
Obagi Nu-Derm Gentle Cleanser promises gentle clean even for sensitive skin. That may be possible if only artificial fragrances and synthetic dyes weren’t as sensitizing to the skin though.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Facial Cleansers formulations on the market in our opinion: