Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. Pore Therapy Review: Does it Works?
Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. Pore Therapy, US $39 for 148 ml, is a specially formulated toner made with salicylic acid, and designed to complement the toning needs of people with oily skin types and acne-challenged skin.
More specifically, this product is committed to deliver for you the following skin benefits:
- Help manage excessive oil production that leave skin greasy and vulnerable to infections.
- Draws out grime, dirt and other impurities stuck in your pores to help prevent future infections and breakouts.
- Regulate skin peeling to minimize the amount of time your skin become flaky, at which state, it is more likely to clog your pores and start an infection.
- Improve skin tone by tightening your pores to smoothen the skin surface.
Obagi is a brand foundede by skin care professionals, and which is now managed by Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
- Salicylic Acid (2.0%): Clears your pores of impurities that can start off an infection and an acne breakout, regulates oil production, better manages skin flaking and turnover, and help facilitate faster skin cell turnover.
- Glycerin: Provides an emollient function to the formula, it keeps your skin comfortably moisturized over prolonged periods of time.
Use Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. Pore Therapy as part of both your daytime and nighttime skin care routines. Take care to work up the product gradually into your routine, that is, starting with alternate days then, everyday then, twice a day application because at 2.0% concentration of salicylic acid, there’s a high risk for skin irritation on initial use.
- Salicylic acid, one of the best and most highly regarded anti-acne ingredients, is used as the primary ingredient in this product, and which serves multiple functions to help treat your skin from acne and excessive greasing.
- This product is fairly priced.
- This toner specifically caters to the needs of people with acne-prone and oily skin types.
- This product is formulated with several unacceptable ingredients but first and foremost, with drying alcohols that not only instantly irritate your skin but also permanently damage it.
- The product formula is also laden with severely irritating fragrance ingredients, menthol and artificial colorants which are all well-recognized as skin irritants.
- This product is made with an extremely short list of beneficial ingredients that, in fact, merely count in salicylic acid and glycerin, to be functional in delivering the commitments of this product.
- Unfortunately, glycerin, because it draws in moisture from the environment and on to the surface of your skin, can cause your skin to become greasier.
Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. Pore Therapy may have been specially formulated for use on acne-challenged and oily skin types but, that does not make it specially suited for use on these types of skin. If you have this much sensitive skin, you want to be extra careful when picking out your products. This product is one of the reasons why you should look beyond the labels and dig deeper into the ingredients.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Acne formulations on the market in our opinion: