Obagi Professional-C Serum Review: Is This Product Really Trustworthy?Advertising Disclosure ?
Obagi Professional C Serum 10 percent Introduction
Obagi Professional C Serum 10 percent, US $77 for 30 ml, is a highly concentrated form of L-ascorbic acid which has the power to re-energize, restore, correct, and protect your skin from damages caused by both intrinsic and extrinsic factors
What Does Obagi Professional C Serum 10 percent Claim
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, you can expect to harness the following benefits:
- Delivers Vitamin C to enliven and revitalize your skin
- Deep penetrates to restore your skin’s overall health and youthful appearance
- Helps speed up the delivery of various cellular level mechanisms that are involved in cellular repairs, regeneration and renewal
- Lightens dark marks and age spots while simultaneously brightening your skin’s overall complexion to exude a more radiant and more youthful skin complexion
- Improve the volume of production of elastin and collagen fibers, and improve skin synthesis to promote resilience from environmental stress
Obagi Professional C Serum 10 percent Manufacturer’s Detail
This product is formulated and manufactured by Valeant Pharmaceuticals International originally delivered its products directly to skin care professionals only. Recently, Obagi products have been marketed directly to consumers, particularly through its online network of resellers. Obagi Medical Products, based in Irvine, California, previously owned the brand originally set up in 1988.
Working of Obagi Professional C Serum 10 percent
This product delivers a high concentration of L-Ascorbic Acid to harness all of the benefits that can be derived from this ingredient listed above. It restores the life and liveliness of your skin, and
Obagi Professional C Serum 10 percent Ingredients
- L-Ascorbic Acid (10.0%): The only form of Vitamin C that can be beneficial to your skin when applied topically, according to the Obagi website, it jumpstarts your sluggish skin cells to bring up the delivery rate of all cellular level mechanisms involved in correcting, maintaining and protecting your skin.
Obagi Professional C Serum 10 percent Pros
- This product adds on UV protection for your skin, as it also corrects the damage UV has caused your skin over the years.
- It delivers a highly concentrated form of Vitamin C which significantly helps your skin recover from damage as well as protect it from further deterioration.
- This product is easy to use and can be comfortably layered with other products in your morning and evening skin care routines.
Obagi Professional C Serum 10 percent Cons
- The high concentration of Vitamin C in this formula can cause irritation in some skin types.
- This product is significantly more expensive than most other anti-aging serums.
- Obagi Professional C Serum 10 percent reviews recount a “tingling sensation” which can only be a sign of skin irritation, and not so much that the product is being effective in delivering on its claims.
Obagi Professional C Serum 10 percent Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, skin irritations and allergic reactions are possible due to fragrance ingredients, as well as the high concentration of L-Ascorbic Acid which stands as this product’s active ingredient.
Obagi Professional C Serum 10 percent must be applied on freshly cleansed and toned skin, morning and night, under your serums and creams. Make sure to always layer with sunscreen in the morning to help protect your skin from further UV-induced damage that will make it harder for your skin to cope.
Obagi Professional C Serum 10 percent reviews read:
- “I didn’t like this serum at all. It made my skin feel very oily, didn’t sink into my skin and I had breakouts.” — User from Deephaven, MN on Dermstore
- “I hadn’t used this product in a couple years. I realized my pores looked large and my skin wasn’t as smooth as in the past. I just started using it again a couple of weeks ago and I’m already seeing improvements. I won’t be without it again!” — Judith M Hyatt on Amazon
Obagi Professional C Serum 10 percent is a straightforward product with clear objectives and a single direction. Trouble is, it’s too expensive not to be a multi-tasking product. Since it delivers only Vitamin C, you know you will need to layer it with something more that addresses your peculiar skin requirements. Now, that would be another added pressure on your hard-earned beauty budget.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Serums formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Serums
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."