Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid Lotion Review: Does it Really Work?
Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid Lotion is a moisturizer that has been in the market for 60 years now. It is well-regarded for its promise to keep skin smooth and replenished for up to 48 hours. The lotion is sold and manufactured by Olay, which is popular for its beauty products at affordable prices. A bottle containing 4 fluid oz is sold at an average cost of $8.49, and a 6 fluid oz bottle sells for $10.49.
Olay Active Hydrating Lotion Ingredients
- Glycerin: Naturally occurring chemical that helps improve moisture levels.
- Mineral Oil: Derived from petroleum. Processed heavily to remove any possible contaminants to make it safe for skin application. Soothes the skin and is non-sensitizing.
- Steareth-100: A surfactant and solubizing agent that allows ingredients to dissolve properly when they wouldn’t do so naturally.
- Dimethicone: Protects the skin and works as an anti-foaming agent. Research also shows this ingredient may prevent skin infections.
- Potassium Hydroxide: Used to help products liquefy faster. Can mildly irritate the skin with excess exposure.
- Red 4: Dye commonly used in cosmetics, food, and pharmaceutical products. When created using natural origins, the product may original from animals.
Clean skin. Apply onto face and neck area twice per day for best results. Can be used under make-up once fully absorbed into the skin.
- Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid Lotion has been in the market for decades and hasn’t had complaints about major negative reactions or side effects due to repeated use.
- Olay is well-known worldwide and is known for manufacturing beauty and skin products at competitive prices.
- Sold in various stores across the country, including local pharmacies and smaller stores.
- Customer reviews of the lotion are mostly favorable.
- Potassium Hydroxide is known to irritate the skin, and not knowing the exact amount of ingredients means people with sensitive skin may not be able to make an informed decision about this lotion.
- Conclusive evidence that the product works as it claims is not provided.
- Though the cost of the product may seem reasonable to most consumers, some may feel the price is too low and that it doesn’t provide quality skin conditioning.
- Even though many retails that sell the lotion may accept returns or exchanges, Olay itself doesn’t mention a return policy.
Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid Lotion has been used for decades by consumers that want a dependable, affordable lotion. Customers seem satisfied with the cost and effects the lotion has on their skin. However, one of the ingredients (Potassium Hydroxide) used in the lotion could cause irritation when used excessively. Some consumers may also prefer a product that is free of animal parts, and Olay doesn’t say whether or not the Red 4 dye used to add color to their lotion comes from a synthetic or natural source.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: