Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid Lotion Review : Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What Is Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid Lotion?
Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid Lotion is a moisturizer that has been in the market for years now. The lotion is sold and manufactured by Olay, which is popular for its beauty products at affordable prices. A bottle containing 4 fluid oz is sold at an average cost of $8.49, and a 6 fluid oz bottle sells for $10.49. Although it contains certain ingredients which may lead to skin irritation.
What Are The Ingredients In Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid Lotion?
- Glycerin: This ingredient helps skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation but also can cause skin irritation to sensitive skin.
- Mineral Oil: Derived from petroleum. Processed heavily to remove any possible contaminants to make it safe for skin application. Soothes the skin and is non-sensitizing.
- Steareth-100: A surfactant and solubizing agent that allows ingredients to dissolve properly when they wouldn’t do so naturally.
- Dimethicone: This ingredient works as an anti-foaming agent. However can actually increase skin irritation.
- Potassium Hydroxide: Used to help products liquefy faster. Can mildly irritate the skin with excess exposure.
How To Apply Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid Lotion
- Clean skin.
- Apply onto face and neck area twice per day for best results.
- Can be used under make-up once fully absorbed into the skin.
Benefits Of Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid Lotion
- Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid Lotion helps to achieve soothe dry skin with long-lasting hydration.
- This product is no greasy in nature.
- This product helps to reduce fine line and wrinkles. Although customer reviews tells a different story.
Disadvantages Of Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid Lotion
- Potassium Hydroxide is known to irritate the skin, and not knowing the exact amount of ingredients means people with sensitive skin may not be able to make an informed decision about this lotion.
- Conclusive evidence that the product works as it claims is not provided.
- Though the cost of the product may seem reasonable to most consumers, some may feel the price is too low and that it doesn’t provide quality skin conditioning.
- Even though many retails that sell the lotion may accept returns or exchanges, Olay itself doesn’t mention a return policy.
Final Verdict : Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid Lotion
Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid Lotion has been used for decades by consumers that want a dependable, affordable lotion. Customers seem satisfied with the cost and effects the lotion has on their skin. However, one of the ingredients (Potassium Hydroxide) used in the lotion could cause irritation when used excessively. Some consumers may also prefer a product that is free of animal parts, and Olay doesn’t say whether or not the Red 4 dye used to add color to their lotion comes from a synthetic or natural source.
Facial moisturizing products are in no short supply today, and this large selection might make the process of choosing the best moisturizer for your personal needs to seem a bit overwhelming. Fortunately, we’ve taken the time to research each of the top facial moisturizers on how they rate in several different key categories. More specifically, we believe that every quality moisturizer should provide the basic benefit of improving overall facial skin appearance, including both skin tone and skin texture. Additionally, a quality moisturizer should contain compounds that are capable of binding to collagen fibres in order to provide the most long term results. Finally, facial moisturizers should ideally be able to deeply cleanse skin at the same time that they moisturize it. Below is a summary of our findings regarding the top facial moisturizers and these key considerations.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: