Olay Age Defying Eye: Does Olay Age Defying Eye Work?
Olay Age Defying Eye Overview
Age Defying Eye Cream is yet another anti-aging cream specially formulated for the eye area which works by “intense line smoothing therapy”, concentrating more on wrinkles and fine lines. The main ingredient is Hyaluronic Acid, a moisturizing agent, and the cream is recommended as a preventative aging measure as well as for use on mature skin.
The cream appears to be little more than an intensive moisturizer, but the company claim that the product also “eliminates” under-eye pigmentation with regards to dark circles. Aside from a four-line blurb about the moisturizing properties of HA (and a fact about 15,000 daily skin movements around the eye area), there is absolutely nothing else in the way of information – no other ingredients are listed, there are no testimonials, clinical trial information, or scientific facts to explain why the product should be bought or tried at all.
The product is manufactured by a company called Beauty Sensation, a Florida-based company who also offer cosmetics, acne treatments and a men’s skincare line, some of which do provide basic summaries of their active ingredients (their men’s facial cleanser contains Vitamin B5 and some botanical extracts). The company can be contacted via phone (toll-free for a catalogue), mail or email. A quick online search shows only one other website retailing the product (a direct sales rep). The site’s graphics are basic, but the layout is extremely confusing; if you sign up for their free newsletter you can receive either free makeup pencils, a free Olay Age Defying Eye “valued at $55”, which then links an entire page detailing the properties of its ingredients and a time frame of 30 days for results. The site also lists frequent pleas for sales reps and “tell a friend” emails but does not list any testimonials.
Olay Age Defying Eye – Product Description
As aforementioned, the principal ingredient is Hyaluronic Acid, which the site explains is a “super molecule”. HA is actually a polysaccharide, a complex type of carbohydrate which is now more commonly used in Restalyne injections, and is involved in skin repair. HA as an ingredient is the only information given on the product webpage about the ingredients. The site does state that the cream is recommended as a makeup base, which suggests it can be used at least once daily.
The price of a single 5oz jar is $23, which is a moderate price but a lot to spend on a product that only has 4 lines of information to sell it. The site claims that the cream “instantly nourishes your skin while hydrating” but doesn’t explain how or through what ingredient, whether synthetic or naturally-derived. There is also no information on shipping or return policies.
Olay Age Defying Eye Advantage
- Moisturizing; works on under-eye circles
- PayPal accepted
Olay Age Defying Eye – Drawbacks
- Only four lines of information – no clinical trial info, ingredients listing or testimonials
- No reviews whatsoever to be found online
- No information on shipping or returns
- Relatively high price
Olay Age Defying Eye – The Bottom line
There is little to discuss regarding Olay Age Defying Eye, as not even the bare minimum of information has been provided regarding the cream’s effectiveness, due to a lack of reviews and poorly-written site copy. An online search yielded only one other result regarding the company, which was a sales rep’s own website. In the case of products with such little information provided, only a free trial could justify a recommendation, but ultimately $23 for what appears to be no more than an eye moisturizer is extremely off-putting, considering the wealth of other options available from more well-known brands.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.