Olay Eyes Illuminating Eye Cream Review: Is it Effective Eye Cream?
Olay Eyes Illuminating Eye Cream, US $29.99 for 0.5 oz., is a cream designed specially for the eye area.
More specifically, this product aims to deliver the following beauty benefits for the delicate skin around your eyes:
- Soften and smoothen skin.
- Lighten dark under eye circles.
- Restore the luminosity and radiance of skin around your eyes with mineral light diffusing particles.
- Restore optimal moisture levels to make your eyes appear brighter and younger.
- With daily use, your skin will feel and look renewed.
Olay, originally Oil of Olay, is a brand that originated from Africa, and which is now one of the priced brands owned by P&G.
Olay Illuminating Cream Ingredients
- Glycerin: A great emollient, moisturizes and conditions your skin to give it a more comfortable feel.
- Niacinamide: Acts as a protective shield around your cells, this ingredient also promotes better circulation and improved cell nourishment that encourages faster repairs and turnover to happen.
- Acetyl Glucosamine and Sodium Hyaluronate: Revitalize skin cells, extend the life cycle of your skin, make up for lost hyaluronic acid and moisture naturally produced by your skin, all redounding to the restoration of young-looking skin.
- Tocopheryl Acetate: The more stable derivative of Vitamin E, it deep hydrates your skin while also supporting the rebuilding and re-fortification of your skin’s protective barrier.
- Collagen: Supplies your skin’s requirements for fibers that help tighten and thicken your skin, supporting repair mechanisms while also protecting your matrix from damage.
- Peptides: Amino acids that help facilitate better communication between skin cells, cutting down the time it takes to drive up repair and regeneration mechanisms.
- Titanium Dioxide and Mica: Mineral ingredients with natural light-diffusing particles that brighten your complexion as light is reflected back.
Olay Eyes Illuminating Eye Cream must be incorporated into your morning and evening skin care routine following a thorough cleanse and tone. Massage and blend well into your skin in circular and upward strokes, placing the product first and under your thicker creams.
Olay Illuminating Cream Advantages
- Product is free from irritating fragrances which can damage the skin with long-term contact.
- Contains mineral particles that instantly brighten your eye area.
- Delivers multiple benefits for skin around the eyes, making it a potent solution to various skin issues experienced around the eye area.
Olay Illuminating Cream Disadvantages
- Product contains phenoxyethanol, a neurotoxin that takes a toll on your brain and overall well-being at toxic levels.
- Product contains triethanolamine, a chemical component that gives your skin a burning sensation upon contact with the product which can cause permanent damages to the skin matrix.
- Consumers point out that the product effectively fades signs of skin aging but, not necessarily rid your skin of it
Olay Illuminating Cream Customer Reviews
- “Feels good, but probably only minimally effective.”- By Barb Troy
- “Not totally sure if it’s working, but I think it helps a bit. The consistency is really weird, it’s kinda cakey.” – By Lilly
Olay Eyes Illuminating Eye Cream can only be expected to be a performer, given the outstanding track record of Olay in skin care. However, it’s always easy to miss the longer-term effects in the midst of obtaining all the benefits you can get from this cream.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.