Olay Professional Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream – Overview
The Olay brand is well known and has a good reputation in the world of cosmetic beauty products. The new Wrinkle Smoothing Cream is part of the Pro-X product line, designed to address numerous aspects of aging skin, including lines and wrinkles, dark under eye circles and discoloration.
The official Olay website provides well-presented but limited information for the Wrinkle Smoothing Cream, which comes in attractive, impressive packaging. The site does include other sections that show customer testimonials, ‘before and after’ shots of their products, including this one, and a brief piece on the developing process behind the Pro-X line. There are also external links to retail sites that sell the line plus press releases and Olay TV commercials. There is no FAQ section for this particular product nor any evidence of clinical studies, although the manufacturers do state that it has proven results.
Olay Professional Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream – Product Description
The full ingredient list is available for Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream, which is fragrance free and suitable for all skin types. The major active ingredient in the formula is Niacinamide, better known as vitamin B3 which helps to improve the skin’s moisture barrier and increase surface skin renewal. There are numerous additional ingredients listed including glycerine, lactic and citric acids and elastin. Further information for the cream states that it will ‘strengthen the skin’s stratum corneum’, although it does not explain exactly what this is, unfortunately.
No instructions are given regarding usage, but it is assumed that the cream can be used anytime of the day and works best when combined with the other Pro-X skin care products. The cream is available to purchase by itself but is also included in the ‘Anti-aging Starter Protocol’ kit alongside the Age Repair Lotion and Eye Restoration Complex.
Olay Professional Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream – Advantage
- Olay is a reputable brand of skin care products
- Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream has received good independent consumer reviews
- The product is fragrance free
- Wrinkle Smoothing Cream helps prevent future skin damage by increasing collagen production
- The product is available as part of the ‘Starter’ pack
- All Olay products undergo clinical testing
- The Olay products are readily available in retail stores
Olay Professional Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream – Drawbacks
- The information for the product is very limited
- No clinical trial results are provided
- No free trial of Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream is offered
- The customer reviews linked to the company website are likely to be biased
Olay Professional Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream – The Bottom Line
Most consumers will be comfortable using this product simply because it is made by the generally trustworthy Olay company. In addition to this, the product is not overly expensive and often retailers will offer discounts or mail-in rebates (for example, at the time of writing the price of the Wrinkle Smoothing Cream ranged from $41.50 to $31.36). Although there is no free trial size available, the consumer can test the product by purchasing the ‘Starter’ kit, which offers three of the Pro-X products for $61.50.
Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."