Olay Professional Pro X Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review & more
What is Olay Professional Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream?
As per the website, the new Wrinkle Smoothing Cream is part of the Pro-X product line, designed to address numerous aspects of aging skin including lines and wrinkles, dark under eye circles and discoloration.
The official Olay website provides well-presented but limited information for the Wrinkle Smoothing Cream, which comes in attractive, impressive packaging. The site does include other sections that show customer testimonials, ‘before and after’ shots of their products, including this one, and a brief piece on the developing process behind the Pro-X line.
There are also external links to retail sites that sell the line plus press releases and Olay TV commercials. There is no FAQ section for this particular product nor any evidence of clinical studies, although the manufacturers do state that it has proven results.
Olay Professional Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream – Does it really work?
The full ingredient list is available for Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream, which is fragrance free and suitable for normal skin types but may not be suitable for all skin types.
What are the ingredients in Olay Professional Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream?
The major active ingredient in the formula is
- Glycerin: May help skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation but also can cause skin irritation to sensitive skin.
- Pentylene Glycol: This ingredient is used in cosmetics and beauty products that is also secondarily used as a solvent and preservative. However, can cause skin irritation, dermatitis and hives from too many mast skin cells.
- Water/ Aqua: helps in retaining the moisture of the skin can be used to dissolve other ingredients and keep the skin hydrated.
- Citric acid: Is a wonderful product for treating several skin problems like mild acne, pigmentation, clogged pores, sun tanning, wrinkles, and dark spots. However, it may cause irritation or a rash to form.
How to apply Olay Professional Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream
No instructions are given regarding usage, but it is assumed that the cream can be used anytime of the day and works best when combined with the other Pro-X skin care products.
Benefits of Olay Professional Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream
- Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream has received good independent consumer reviews but there is no proof as such that can claim them.
- Wrinkle Smoothing Cream helps prevent future skin damage by increasing collagen production.
Disadvantages of Olay Professional Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream
- The information for the product is very limited.
- No clinical trial results are provided.
- No free trial of Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream is offered.
- The customer reviews linked to the company website are likely to be biased.
Final Verdict- Olay Professional Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream
Most consumers will be comfortable using this product simply because it is made by the generally trustworthy Olay company. In addition to this, the product is not overly expensive and often retailers will offer discounts or mail-in rebates (for example, at the time of writing the price of the Wrinkle Smoothing Cream ranged from $41.50 to $31.36). Although there is no free trial size available, the consumer can test the product by purchasing the ‘Starter’ kit, which offers three of the Pro-X products for $61.50.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."