Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion Review : Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More
What Is Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion?
As per the manufacturer, Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion, US $10.49 for a 4,0 oz. bottle, is a daily moisturizer infused with SPF 15 that protects you from UV all day. Although it may not be suitable for all skin types.
From its beginnings in 1949 and the phenomenal following it grew for its first-ever product, “Oil of Olay,” the brand has evolved many times ever. When the brand was acquired by P&G in 1985, it practically became a household name and gained global recognition. Today, nobody has never heard of Olay, and its highly segmented marketing strategy has given rise to the introduction of sub-brands that includes Pro X, Total Effects, and Regenerist, among many others.
Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion: Does It Really Work?
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, you can expect to harness the following benefits:
- Provide your skin with broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen that shields your skin from photoaging and damage caused by the sun
- Boost your skin’s healthy glow and complexion
This product gives your skin a much needed moisture boost while simultaneously shielding your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
What Are The Ingredients In Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion?
- Tocopheryl Acetate: Also Vitamin C, it revitalizes your skin and helps to make it more resilient to photo damage as it simultaneously neutralizes the cell damaging free radicals.
- Aloe: Supports skin healing and reorganization, this ingredient also promotes a strengthened and refortified barrier layer to improve your skin’s resilience from further damage caused by UV.
- Glycerin: This ingredient helps skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation.
- Dimethicone: This ingredient works as an anti-foaming agent. However can actually increase skin irritation.
Benefits Of Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion
- This product does not contain PABA, oils, synthetic fragrances.
- The formula is not infused with ingredients that can potentially clog your pores and start off an infection.
- This product is suitable for oily skin. However may not be suitable for all skin types.
Disadvantages Of Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion
- This product contains way too many additives when compared to the relatively shy concentration of what could have been beneficial ingredients to your skin.
- Some users found the consistency to be greasy and it is therefore not a good company for people with combination to oily skin.
- Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion reviews indicate that the formula can cause mild to severe cases of skin irritations which is a pity given this formula’s target concern.
- This product does not absorb well in the skin.
How To Apply Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion
For best results the manufacturer suggest:
- Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion must be applied generously over your skin.
- Give it a gentle massage and occasionally tap your skin to pack in the product and blend it in more thoroughly.
- Use the product during the day only, and complement with a regenerating night cream to complete your routine.
Does Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion Have Any Side Effects?
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including sunscreen actives
- Increased risk for various forms of cancer due to PEGs
- Increased risk for reproductive health related diseases and dysfunctions due to EDTA
Final Verdict: Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion
Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion is a basic product that may be included into your daytime skin care routine but, don’t expect any guarantees that this will work out magically for your skin. Its inexpensive formulation may make this product sustainable but, there is risk that the benefits may lead to irritations instead. You should check out tinted moisturizers with SPF too, most especially when you love putting on your makeup.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Moisturizers Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."