Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion Review: Is It Really Effective?
Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion Introduction
Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion, US $8.99 for a 4,0 oz. bottle, is a daily moisturizer infused with SPF 15 that protects you from UV all day.
What Does Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion Claim
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, you can expect to harness the following benefits:
- Provide your skin with broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen that shields your skin from photoaging and damage caused by the sun
- Boost your skin’s healthy glow and complexion
- Deliver round-the-clock hydration to keep your skin comfortably hydrated, while also supporting the restoration of your skin’s optimal hydration mechanisms
Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion Manufacturer’s Detail
From its beginnings in 1949 and the phenomenal following it grew for its first-ever product, “Oil of Olay,” the brand has evolved many times ever. When the brand was acquired by P&G in 1985, it practically became a household name and gained global recognition. Today, nobody has never heard of Olay, and its highly segmented marketing strategy has given rise to the introduction of sub-brands that includes Pro X, Total Effects, and Regenerist, among many others.
Working of Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion
This product gives your skin a much needed moisture boost while simultaneously shielding your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion Ingredients
- 6.0% Octinoxate, 3.0% Zinc Oxide: A combination of sunscreen actives that shield your skin from UVA and UVB
- Tocopheryl Acetate: Also Vitamin C, it revitalizes your skin and helps to make it more resilient to photo damage as it simultaneously neutralizes the cell damaging free radicals.
- Aloe: Supports skin healing and reorganization, this ingredient also promotes a strengthened and refortified barrier layer to improve your skin’s resilience from further damage caused by UV
Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion Pros
Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion Cons
- This product contains way too many additives when compared to the relatively shy concentration of what could have been beneficial ingredients to your skin.
- Some users found the consistency to be greasy and it is therefore not a good company for people with combination to oily skin.
- Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion reviews indicate that the formula can cause mild to severe cases of skin irritations which is a pity given this formula’s target concern.
Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including sunscreen actives
- Increased risk for various forms of cancer due to PEGs
- Increased risk for reproductive health related diseases and dysfunctions due to EDTA
Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion must be applied generously over your skin. Give it a gentle massage and occasionally tap your skin to pack in the product and blend it in more thoroughly. Use the product during the day only, and complement with a regenerating night cream to complete your routine.
Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion reviews
- “I have only used this product once or twice and honestly I am not a fan, it was disappointing, I feel like i have very sensitive skin and the product was a bit harsh and left me with a breakout, I tried it again just incase it was bad timing but the same thing happened. ” — Aimee L. on Inflenster
- “I absolutely swear by this face lotion. It’s about or less that $10 bucks and it’s perfect for my skin. I am left moisturized and happy all day after one application in the morning. Some products leave my face feeling very flaky after about an hour or two but this stuff makes sure to protect my face all day. It works well under makeup as well if you use a tiny bit . ” — Chelsey R. on Influenster
Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion is a basic product that may be included into your daytime skin care routine but, don’t expect any guarantees that this will work out magically for your skin. Its inexpensive formulation may make this product sustainable but, there is risk that the benefits may lead to irritations instead. You should check out tinted moisturizers with SPF too, most especially when you love putting on your makeup.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: