What Is Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion?
As per the manufacturer, Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion is a daily moisturizer infused with SPF 15 that protects you from UV all day. Although it may not be suitable for all skin types.
From its beginnings in 1949 and the phenomenal following it grew for its first-ever product, “Oil of Olay,” the brand has evolved many times ever. When the brand was acquired by P& G in 1985, it practically became a household name and gained global recognition.
Today, nobody has heard of Olay, and its highly segmented marketing strategy has given rise to the introduction of sub-brands that includes Pro X, Total Effects, and Regenerist, among many others.
Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion Pros and Cons
- Skin Type:Sensitive
- Benefit:Moisturizes Quickly To Soothe Dryness With Lasting Hydration
- Ingredients:Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe, Glycerin, Dimethicone
- Weight:1.7 fl oz / 177 ml
- This product does not contain PABA, oils, synthetic fragrances.
- The formula is not infused with ingredients that can potentially clog your pores and start off an infection.
- This product contains way too many additives when compared to the relatively shy concentration of what could have been beneficial ingredients to your skin.
- Some users found the consistency to be greasy and it is therefore not a good company for people with combination to oily skin.
- Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion reviews indicate that the formula can cause mild to severe cases of skin irritations which is a pity given this formula’s target concern.
- This product does not absorb well in the skin.
Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion – Does It Really Work?
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, you can expect to harness the following benefits:
- Provide your skin with broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen that shields your skin from photoaging and damage caused by the sun
- Boost your skin’s healthy glow and complexion
This product gives your skin a much-needed moisture boost while simultaneously shielding your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
What Are The Ingredients In Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion?
Tocopheryl Acetate: Also Vitamin C, revitalizes your skin and helps to make it more resilient to photodamage as it simultaneously neutralizes the cell-damaging free radicals .
Aloe: Supports skin healing and reorganization, this ingredient also promotes a strengthened and refortified barrier layer to improve your skin’s resilience from further damage caused by UV .
Glycerin: This ingredient helps skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation .
Dimethicone: This ingredient works as an anti-foaming agent. However, can actually increase skin irritation .
Alternatives to Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion Reviews
How To Apply Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion?
For best results the manufacturer suggests:
- Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion must be applied generously over your skin.
- Give it a gentle massage and occasionally tap your skin to pack in the product and blend it in more thoroughly.
- Use the product during the day only, and complement with a regenerating night cream to complete your routine.
Does Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion Have Any Side Effects?
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including sunscreen actives
- Increased risk for various forms of cancer due to PEGs
- Increased risk for reproductive health-related diseases and dysfunctions due to EDTA
Final Verdict: Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion
Olay Sensitive Skin Lotion is a basic product that may be included in your daytime skincare routine but, don’t expect any guarantees that this will work out magically for your skin.
Its inexpensive formulation may make this product sustainable but, there is a risk that the benefits may lead to irritations instead.
You should check out tinted moisturizers with SPF too, most especially when you love putting on your makeup.
Facial moisturizing products are in no short supply today, and this large selection might make the process of choosing the best moisturizer for your personal needs to seem a bit overwhelming. Fortunately, we've taken the time to research each of the top facial moisturizers on how they rate in several different key categories. More specifically, we believe that every quality moisturizer should provide the basic benefit of improving overall facial skin appearance, including both skin tone and skin texture. Additionally, a quality moisturizer should contain compounds that are capable of binding to collagen fibres in order to provide the most long term results. Finally, facial moisturizers should ideally be able to deeply cleanse skin at the same time that they moisturize it. Below is a summary of our findings regarding the top facial moisturizers and these key considerations.
Below you'll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion:
The Beauty Insiders takes every opportunity to use high-quality sources, including peer-reviewed studies, to support the facts within our articles. Read our editorial guidelines to learn more about how we keep our content accurate, reliable, and trustworthy. Milani M, Sparavigna A. The 24-hour skin hydration and barrier function effects of a hyaluronic 1%, glycerin 5%, and Centella Asiatica stem cells extract moisturizing fluid: an intra-subject, randomized, assessor-blinded study. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2017;10:311-315. Published 2017 Aug 11. doi:10.2147/CCID.S144180.
 Hekmatpou D, Mehrabi F, Rahzani K, Aminiyan A. The Effect of Aloe Vera Clinical Trials on Prevention and Healing of Skin Wound: A Systematic Review. Iran J Med Sci. 2019;44(1):1-9.
 Pellicano C, Marsella R, Ahrens K. Pilot study to evaluate the effect of topical dimethicone on clinical signs and skin barrier function in dogs with naturally occurring atopic dermatitis. Vet Med Int. 2013;2013:239186. doi:10.1155/2013/239186