Olay Skin Smoothing Cream Scrub Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Customer Reviews And More.
Olay Skin Smoothing Cream Scrub Overview:
Olay Skin Smoothing Cream Scrub is a facial scrub that is meant to cleanse the skin, and may also offer invigorating properties. Manufactured by Olay, there is a manufacturer website available to browse. Currently, it appears this scrub is not in stock, but a few online sellers still carry this product. On one site, it is being sold at $65.55 for a pack of two, with each tube at 6 ounces.
About Olay Skin Smoothing Cream Scrub – Does it really work?
This product has an oil-free formula that is easily dispensed from the tube and applied to the face. Olay Skin Smoothing Cream Scrub contains micro-beads to aid in the cleaning of the skin for a smoother and softer result. The beta-hydroxy formulation aids in the exfoliating action, and should be safe to use for all skin types as it is also dermatologist-tested. Since information about the product is inadequate, customer reviews play a major part in determining its possible effect to interested users. Since it is mainly a cleansing product, it is not certain if it can offer anything more than that.
What are the ingredients in Olay Skin Smoothing Cream Scrub?
- Water – is primarily used as a solvent in the formulation of virtually every type of cosmetic and personal care product
- Cetyl Betaine – is a surfactant that functions as antistatic, skin conditioning, cleansing, and viscosity increasing agent.
- PPG-15 Stearyl Ether – is polypropylene glycol ether that acts as a skin conditioning agent.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate – is the sodium salt of lauryl sulfate that is being used as denaturant and surfactant.
- Glycerin – a naturally occurring alcohol compound that is used as denaturant, fragrance ingredient, humectant, skin protectant and viscosity decreasing agent.
- Oxidized Polyethylene – is a reaction product of polyethylene and oxygen that acts as a viscosity increasing agent.
- Stearyl Alcohol – is a compound produced from stearic acid that acts as emulsion stabilizer, fragrance ingredient, foam booster, and viscosity increasing and emulsifying agent.
- Salicylic Acid – is a naturally occurring and synthetically produced beta hydroxy acid used in skin products, that has exfoliating and skin-conditioning agents.
- Distearyldimonium Chloride – is quaternary ammonium salt that functions as an antistatic agent.
- Cetyl Alcohol – is being used as an emulsion stabilizer, foam booster, fragrance ingredient, and opacifying, emulsifying and viscosity increasing agent.
- Steareth-21 – is a surfactant composed of polyethylene glycol polymer and stearyl alcohol that acts as cleansing, emulsifying and solubilizing agent.
- Behenyl Alcohol – is a saturated fatty alcohol that functions as emollient and thickener
- PPG-30 – is a polymer of propylene oxide that is a skin conditioning agent in cosmetic products.
- Steareth-2 – is a surfactant/emulsifying agent
- Fragrance – gives the product its distinct scent.
- Disodium EDTA (ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid) – is a chelating and viscosity controlling agent, used to decrease the reactivity of metal ions that may be present in a product.
- Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide – is an iron-based inorganic salt that is being used as a colorant in beauty products.
Directions to use:
Avoiding the delicate eye area, apply cream scrub onto wet face then massage gently. Rinse thoroughly. For best results, use daily.
- It is not available in most retail stores and not searchable in manufacturer’s website, so availability is questionable
- Some customer reviews say it doesn’t clean the skin thoroughly
- Not enough clinical studies presented to the public
Does Olay Skin Smoothing Cream Scrub have any side-effects?
There are no reports or claims of Olay Skin Smoothing Cream Scrub having caused any harmful side effect.
Olay Skin Smoothing Cream Scrub is not available in most retail stores but some sell it for a pack of 2 at a reasonable price. It is no longer searchable in Olay’s website, so there is scarce information about it. Although availability on the manufacturer’s website is in question, it can still be purchased from a couple other online sites. Basing on the available material about this scrub, it is hard to say how effective it is, or if it cleans as deeply as it claims. Price is more affordable than other similar products, so it can be a good option, but there a lot of other facial cleansing products around which can even be better than this. Looking around for other choices may be a better idea before settling for this scrub.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Scrub Cleanser formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Scrub Cleanser Choices
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."