Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel Review: How effective is it?
Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel, US $34 for 0.5 oz., commits to improve the appearance of fatigued, puffy, and older looking eyes. This product promises to go beyond immediate eye skin relief, folding in ingredients that act on relieving skin inflammation, wrinkles, and sagging — benefits that come with regular, long-term product use.
This hydrating and transformative eye gel was formulated by Ole Henriksen, a brand that started offering spa services among discerning celebrities in Hollywood.
- Cucumber and algae extracts: Give your skin a comforting, better hydrated feel as these ingredients also help soothe skin inflammation that eventually leads to damage and aging
- Bio-peptides: Amino acids that help re-invigorate your skin’s natural healing and repair mechanisms while also improving communication between your skin cells in the process
- Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract: Has anti-inflammatory properties, and also helps speed up healing of wounds, tears and other damages on the skin matrix
- Euphrasia Officinalis Extract: Soothes eye skin irritations, this ingredient also has natural astringent properties that helps correct dark skin imperfections and brighten your skin’s overall complexion
- Vitamin C: Re-energize skin cells to improve how these perform healing and rejuvenating functions to restore your skin health
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Makes up for the lost hyaluronic acid content of your skin and serves to keep your skin well-hydrated for hours
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice: Improves your skin’s protective properties by reinforcing your skin’s barriers
- Arginine: An amino acid that helps enhance your skin’s healing function, soothes inflammation, and helps re-arrange your skin’s fibers which makes your skin appear smoother and younger
Apply Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel as part of your evening routine, always following cleansing and toning. Pat, spread and massage on skin around your eyes, allowing the product to sink through completely before layering with other products in your routine.
- A consumer perception survey of this product involving 4 weeks of observation and 36 female subjects produced the following results:
- 97 per cent said the product effectively made their eyes feel refreshed
- 94 per cent said that the appearance and feel of their skin improved
- 91 per cent agreed that product uses brightened their skin’s overall complexion
- Product is vegan, sulfate-free and phthalates-free
- Product is made with a formula that is capable of delivering immediate and longer term improvements to skin around your eyes
- Product contains parabens, toxic chemicals proven to negatively influence your hormones and the body mechanisms
- Phenoxyethanol, used as product preservative, is a neurotoxin
- PEGs are toxic and readily combine with the carcinogen, 1,4 dioxane
- Combines sodium benzoate with citric acid which forms benzene, a carcinogen that is closely associated with blood-related cancers
Made with a formulation that works on your worst eye skin issues, Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel may still not be the right product for you. At the end of the day, your skin’s reaction and your overall health should determine product effectiveness.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.