OPI Starlight Collection Swatches: Is It Worth Trying?
Today’s latest trends from clothes to makeup, from the crown down to the toes are suddenly covered with glitters, shimmers and everything shiny like the glitz are a rediscovered secret from the past. Nail lacquers have picked up on the trend too, and it does not look like the shiny, metallic, glittery nail palette is going away any time soon.
About OPI Starlight Collection Swatches
OPI, one of the most globally recognized nail lacquer brands have recognized that the glitz and rekindled romance of fashion with the star inspired palettes will continue to be trendy and will persist in 2016. That’s why OPI, late in 2015, released the OPI Shades of Starlight Collection Swatches.
This new collection features 18 shades bound by the constellation as a common inspiration. Each 5 oz. bottle retails at $6.50. Everything in this collection is uber shiny and shimmery ranging from the staple reds, plums and blues; metallic favorites in gold, silver and copper; and even includes two marbled variants in multicolor metallics of what seems to be a combination of everything else in the collection.
Variants Are Available In The Following Shades:
- Love is in my Cards – Darker red; shiny but not shimmery
- Ro-man-ce on the Moon – Bright red with shimmer
- Let Your Love Shine – Darker red, shimmery
- Guys & Galaxies – If you like darker shades of red, you’ll fall in love with this cross of red and plum
- I’m in the Moon For Love – It’s plum with shimmer
- Cosmo with a Twist – Dark blue with hints of glitter
- Give Me Space – Navy blue with glitter
- No More Mr. Night Sky – Dark grey, glittered
- Center of the You-niverse – Black with shimmer
- Is This Star Taken? – crookedly settled polish in gold
- Comet Closer – evenly settled finish in gold
- By The Light of the Moon – the silver equivalent of ‘Is this Star Taken?’
- I Drive a SuperNova – the silver equivalent of comet closer
- Super Star Status – colorless base dotted with silver and gold glitters
- Celess-tial Is More – it’s the classiest, sparkliest glitter polish in nude
- Press for Silver – nude, sparkly color in matte finish
- Infrared-y to Glow – colorless base with uneven glitters, predominantly red
- Two Wrongs Don’t Make a Meteorite – colorless base with uneven glitters, mostly blue
Manufacturer Information and its Claims about OPI Starlight Collection Swatches
As the world leader in the professional nail care industry, OPI, a division of Coty, is committed to manufacture the most extravagantly rich textured yet affordable nail lacquers while putting premium on qualiy, innovation and product safety. OPI is currently being distributed in over 100 countries, carrying products and tools specifically formulated and designed for the ultimate nail care. It claims that it’s nail lacquers are formulated for long lasting wear and shine for up to 7 days.
Other than OPI, COTY also manages big brands in fragrance, color and skin and body care which includes – CK, Chloé, Davidoff, Marc Jacobs, Philosophy, Adidas, Playboy, Rimmel, and Sally Hansen.
How Does OPI Starlight Collection Swatches Work?
The OPI Starlight Collection Swatches is formulated just like any other nail lacquer, except all ingredients have been carefully thought out considering product need and consumer safety.
Below is a quick rundown of all the primary ingredients found in every bottle of OPI Starlight Collection Swatches and the respective roles of which in the formulation:
- Ethyl Acetate and Butyl Acetate- esters used as solvents in nail polish. They dry up easily too.
- Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Polyurethane-11 – plasticizers
- Isopropyl Alcohol, n-Butyl Alcohol – also used as solvents
- Nitrocellulose and Polyethylene Terephthalate – the base of nail lacquers. These are what gets transformed to a film.
- Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Silica, Benzophenone-1, Polyurethane-33- added for consistency
OPI Starlight Collection Swatches Ingredients
The full list of ingredients is enumerated below. Ingredients may vary slightly across different nail lacquer variants.
Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Silica, Polyurethane-11, n-Butyl Alcohol, Benzophenone-1, Polyurethane-33, CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 15850 (Red 7), CI 60725 (Violet 2)
OPI Starlight Collection Swatches Benefits
You can always trust OPI to deliver quality products with the highest standards of safety.
OPI Starlight Collection Swatches Dosage Instructions
Apply just like any other nail lacquer:
- Apply base coat
- Put on your polish
- Seal with a top coat.
OPI Starlight Collection Swatches Precautions
OPI Starlight Collection Swatches are for external use only.
OPI Starlight Collection Swatches Side Effects
OPI Starlight Collection Swatches has no known side effects.
Who Can Use Opi Starlight Collection Swatches?
Women, and even men, who desire to wear glitter on their nails for that ultra shine and glam may use OPI Starlight Collection Swatches safely.
OPI Starlight Collection Swatches gives you the most lustrous nail glitters in flattering shades you’ll probably come across to. The more important thing is that all ingredients have very low toxicity and health risks associated with them which is a huge plus as you may already know how toxic nail lacquers can be.