Oriflame Ecollagen Wrinkle Filler Serum Review: Is it Worth Buying?
When was it ever the rule to look 40 when you’re 40? The new trend is to look at least 10 years younger. Guess what! More and more people are accomplishing just that. So, why should you look your age when you can look so much younger then?
It’s what you eat, the lifestyle you lead, and the products you religiously work into your skin day and night that make a difference. Diet and lifestyle takes a lot of discipline to make a healthy shift but, so too does using skincare products. You have to be disciplined enough to perform your own research and understand exactly what your skin needs to make sure you’re only getting what’s best for your skin. This time, we will examine more closely whether or not Oriflame Ecollagen Wrinkle Filler Serum will deliver benefits to your skin or, if your skin is better off without it.
About Oriflame Ecollagen Wrinkle Filler Serum
First things first, Oriflame Ecollagen Wrinkle Filler Serum retails for $25 for 50ml slim shaped shaped tube, designed to give you better control over which areas to apply this serum. The product may only be purchased from the product website.
The product claims to be infused with silicone and a patented Tri-Peptide Complex, both of which helps fill in skin lines and creases to plump them up and make depth shallower and much less visible.
Manufacturer Information and its claims about Oriflame Ecollagen Wrinkle Filler Serum
Oriflame Ecollagen Wrinkle Filler Serum is manufactured by Oriflame, which reportedly, was founded in Sweden and has been around for at least 45 years with current presence in more than 60 countries. Oriflame specializes in skincare products that include a full range of anti-aging products that promise to combat aging and even completely reverse visible, multiple signs of aging, including unsightly wrinkles.
In a consumer survey composed of 54 women who used the product continuously over two weeks, Oriflame reports that:
- 73% noticed visible improvements in the appearance of wrinkles
- 83% experienced instantly smoother skin
Product claims are:
- Plumps and pushes up wrinkles from deep within the skin
- Promotes production of collagen
How Does Oriflame Ecollagen Wrinkle Filler Serum Work?
Oriflame Ecollagen Wrinkle Filler Serum takes a targeted and focused approach to improving the appearance of wrinkles. The product comes in a slim tube with a specially designed applicator for improved control and precision during application.
The product uses Tri-Peptide Complex and Silicone which work together to ultra hydrate skin and lift skin where skin creases and lines appear. Silicone fills in creases while Tri-Peptide Complex stimulates collagen production to aid in repairing aged skin.
The product website also talks about optical blurring spheres which are said to instantly make wrinkles and fine lines appear less visible, and even completely blotting these out. The science and mechanism behind the optical blurring spheres, however, are not explained in detail.
Ingredients of Oriflame Ecollagen Wrinkle Filler Serum
Oriflame Ecollagen Wrinkle Filler Serum is made with the following active ingredients:
- Tri-Peptide Complex that moisturizes skin and promotes skin cell repair and renewal.
- Silicone which acts as a filler to make up for lost or damaged skin fibers in between skin lines and creases.
- Optical blurring spheres that makes wrinkles and fine lines look significantly less visible in an instant.
- Rice extract which energizes and moisturizes skin while simultaneously also revitalizing skin cells.
- Wheat peptide which improves skin cell defense while also providing amino acids that serve as building blocks for new skin to be reborn.
Other product ingredients are composed of both botanically derived and synthetically prepared ingredients. Most of which are emollients and skin conditioners, antioxidants, vitamins and antibacterial agents, along with additives like fragrances, preservatives, and product stabilizers. The full list of ingredients is enumerated below:
Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polysilicone-11, Cyclohexasiloxane, Silica, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Isohexadecane, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polysorbate 40, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum, Methylparaben, Camelia Sinensis Extract, Propylparaben, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol, Ethylparaben, Triticum Monococcum Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein
Oriflame Ecollagen Wrinkle Filler Serum Benefits
The product makes use of an applicator to more precisely target aging challenged areas of the skin.
Oriflame Ecollagen Wrinkle Filler Serum Drawbacks
- There is very limited information about the manufacturer which does not guarantee any accountability for product claims.
- Very little information and explanation is made available as to how the product reverses and prevents skin aging, as manufacturer claims.
Apply Oriflame Ecollagen Wrinkle Filler Serum only on affected areas of the skin.
Use only as indicated. Avoid contact with the eyes.
Oriflame Ecollagen Wrinkle Filler Serum Side Effects
Product still uses parabens which have been found to affect hormonal activities.
Who can use Oriflame Ecollagen Wrinkle Filler Serum
Men and women with matured, aged skin are good candidates for use of this product.
If you’re eager to see if this product will give your wrinkles an instant boost then try it but, if you think you have time to wait and evaluate another product, then skip it.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Serums
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.