Origins Eye Doctor: Does Origins Eye Doctor Work?
Origins Eye Doctor Overview
Said to celebrate “the connection between Mother Nature and Human Nature”, Origins skincare was developed in 1990 with the desire to support beauty and health by using “good-for-you products and feel-good experiences” as its vehicle. Origins’ effectiveness is derived from the power of nature’s plants.
The company uses problem-targeted formulas that contain the benefits of active and renewable plants from both land and sea. Stretching its organic and botanical reach, Origins began a collaboration with Harvard-schooled Dr. Andrew Weil, known for his incorporation of botany and medicine, the basis for integrative health. It was the doctor’s approach to integrating traditional herbs, common knowledge, nutrition and lifestyle transformation that attracted the partnership.
Unlike many sites that create a marketing image around nature, Origins.com uses deep browns and greens to symbolize it reliance on plants instead of the rich blues that suggest water. The website with its three-tiered menu bar, directs easy navigation through profile, store location, fragrance, hair care, skincare, bath and body as well as makeup pages. Unfortunately, the website does not provide testimonials, clinical research data or a FAQs page.
Origins Eye Doctor – Product Description
Origins’ skincare provides products for every area of the face with both men and women in mind. The products are divided into three product lines:
- Origins–“The Genius of Nature” provides the skin and hair with the benefits of the earth and sea’s renewable plants and substances.
- Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins–“Live and Be Weil” resulted from collaboration with well-known medical doctor and botanist Dr. Weil to increase the skin’s natural defenses that combat the effects of aging. It institutes a proactive approach to health and beauty with the use of herbs and alternative healing.
- Origins Organics–“You are what your skin eats” achieves quality healthy skin while maintaining the utmost in environmental responsibility through products formulated from healthy agriculture and ecosystems.
Origins’ contribution to restoring youth and wellness to the eyes is its’ Eye Doctor Cream. Reasonably priced at $29.50 and suitable for all skin types, the product restores moisture to the skin around the eyes while battling wrinkles and fine lines plus fading the appearance of dark shadows. While a full ingredient list is not provided, the cream contains Cucumber which provides cooling and calm, the oxygenating benefits of Rosemary, the energizing and restorative properties of Ginseng and Green Tea extracts’ anti-inflammatory characteristics.
The majority of the product reviews were highly positive. The few that gave low ratings either didn’t experience the wrinkle reduction desired or experienced an outbreak of whiteheads. The reviewer who experienced breakouts did disclose her use of a prescribed acne cream with the product.
Origins Eye Doctor Advantage
- Origins Eye Doctor cream contains several beneficial botanicals.
- The product is reasonably priced.
- The overwhelming majority of product reviews were positive.
- The cream is Ophthalmologist tested.
Origins Eye Doctor – Drawbacks
- The website doesn’t provide a full ingredient list.
- No supporting clinical research data or result photos were provided.
- Product may cause breakouts for some and carries a strong cucumber scent.
Origins Eye Doctor – The Bottomline
The reputation of integrative medicine man and botanist Dr. Andrew Weil, while not associated with every Origins product, does lend to the company’s credibility. Origins’ answer to younger and more refreshed eyes is its Doctor Eye Cream, which incorporates many of the organic products known to have pleasant effects on the skin. Origins’ use of the earth and sea’s bounty is reflected in its basic ingredient list and provides encouragement to those who believe that all our needs exist in our natural surroundings.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."