Origins Age Defense Moisturizer SPF 40 Review : Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More
What Is Origins Moisturizer SPF?
As per the manufacturer Origins Age Defense Moisturizer SPF 40 Resurfacing Peel, US $44 for 50 ml, is a day time moisturizer that boosts your all-day skin hydration while giving your skin ample protection from UVA, UVB, and infrared rays that can permanently damage or even destroy your skin cells. Although Endocrine damage may occur due to BHT and the range of chemical sunscreens.
This product is sold under the brand, Origins. The brand, founded in 1990, is managed by Estee Lauder as the company’s response to the growing consumer clamor for skin care products made from naturally sourced ingredients.
Origins Moisturizer SPF – Does It Really Work?
This product has been formulated to bring you the following skin health and beauty benefits:
- Prevent irreversible damage and aging caused by UVA, UVB, infrared rays, free radicals, and environmental stressors.
- Provide an oil-free moisturizing formula to help keep your skin super charged with optimal moisture levels all day.
- Promote the appearance of a vibrant complexion by keeping skin energized and revitalized.
This sunscreen infused day time moisturizer works by combining emollients, humectants, and skin conditioners into a single formulation to boost your skin’s moisture levels as it provides broad spectrum sunscreen protection. Antioxidants help add another layer of protection against UV but also from free radicals, and other environmental factors that can cause your skin to become damaged.
What Are The Ingredients In Origins Moisturizer SPF?
- Avobenzone (3.0%), Homosalate (8.0%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (4.5%), Octocrylene (5.0%): Chemical sunscreen actives which, combined, provide broad spectrum sunscreen protection that effectively shields your skin against UVA and UVB rays.
- Silver Tip White Tea: Provide your skin with potent antioxidant protection to shield your skin cells from damaging and destructive free radical attacks, effectively protecting your skin matrix as well from damage and aging.
- Edelweiss and White Birch: Improve your skin’s protective barrier function, provides added protection from UV and infrared rays, and helps boost your skin’s moisture content to promote continued healthy skin appearance.
- Butylene Glycol: This ingredient is a colorless organic alcohol used as a solvent and as a conditioning agent.this ingredient can cause a rashes and other forms of irritation in individuals with sensitive skin.
Benefits Of Origins Moisturizer SPF
- This product is free from parabens, toxic chemicals that can cause estrogen-regulated organs to exhibit irregularities, causing adverse effects to your overall health and well-being.
- True to its brand identity, this product uses only botanical and organic ingredients, and natural oils in its formulation. Although there is no clinical backing for this claim.
- This product is suitable for all skin types.
Disadvantages Of Origins Moisturizer SPF
- There is hardly an ingredient in this formula that goes beyond day-to-day aging protection, and that will cause improvements in the appearance of aging skin with regular product application.
- The formula hasn’t been guaranteed waterproof which can mean that it can easily slip from your skin.
- Details of studies presented by the manufacturer pertaining to user feedback and clinical trial results are not presented.
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions caused by a long list of botanical ingredients.
Does Origins Moisturizer SPF Have Any Side Effects?
This product can lead to:
- Endocrine damage due to BHT and the range of chemical sunscreens
- Neurotoxicity as a result of phenoxyethanol.
How To Apply Origins Moisturizer SPF
For best results the manufacturer suggest:
- Origins Age Defense Moisturizer SPF 40 must be applied every morning following a thorough wash, at least 15 minutes before stepping out.
Final Verdict : Origins Age Defense Moisturizer SPF 40
Origins Age Defense Moisturizer SPF 40 boosts your skin’s moisture naturally. Ironically, it provides your skin protection from UV and IR using chemical sunscreens which can permanently damage your skin, even cause irreversible damage to your health even. Unless you are willing to live with the consequences, it is in your best interest to seek something else.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Moisturizers Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."