Origins VitaZing SPF 15 Energy-Boosting Moisturizer Review: In-Outs
Origins VitaZing SPF 15 Energy-Boosting Moisturizer with Mangosteen is a vitamin-rich moisturizer that provides protection from the sun. It is manufactured by Origins and sold in containers of 1.7 fluid ounces at a cost of $37 each. It’s also available in many beauty supply and retail stores, which may or may not have comprehensive return policies.
- Avobenzone (3%): Sunscreen that protects skin against UVA rays.
- Octisalate (3%): Protects skin from UVB rays, resists water, and acts as an emollient.
- Octocrylene (2.7%): Protects skin from UVA rays, emollient, and protects skin from damage to DNA. Is a photo-sensitizer.
- Bitter Orange Flower Water: Contains antioxidants that can fight against skin damage.
- PEG-100 Stearate: Emollient and emulsifier. Not photosensitizing, but shouldn’t be used on injured or broken skin. Contains fatty acids.
- Eucalyptus Oil: Used for its skin benefits, but excess use can cause photosensitivity.
- Panax Ginseng: From Korea. Used for aging skin and fragrance.
- Caffeine: Contains antioxidants that can improve the skin’s appearance. Anti-inflammatory when used in certain amounts.
- Squalane: Skin conditioner and moisturizer.
- Stearic Acid: Fatty acid used as a surfactant. Can also harden products.
Clean skin. Use in the morning until fully absorbed.
- Has SPF protection to prevent damage caused by UV rays.
- Many of the ingredients in the moisturizer have been proven effective in hydrating the skin, providing antioxidants, and promoting skin health.
- Only needs to be used in the morning.
- Origins VitaZing SPF 15 Energy-Boosting Moisturizer with Mangosteen is manufactured by a company known for its various skin care products.
- Some ingredients may cause sensitivity to sunlight if used above certain amounts.
- Amounts of all ingredients are not provided.
- 15 SPF may not be enough skin protection for customers who live in certain climates.
- Studies that can prove the moisturizer provides energy to skin are not cited online or provided to the public.
- Mangosteen is not listed as one of the first ingredients in the product’s formula.
- The brand does not mention whether or not the product clogs pores.
Origins VitaZing SPF 15 Energy-Boosting Moisturizer with Mangosteen provides SPF protection as well as hydration. When used as directed, the moisturizer can promote skin health. The product is manufactured by a company that is known for their skin care products. It’s also available through a variety of established beauty stores. Some customers may be concerned about the low level of SPF protection provided by the product, as they may require higher SPF protection depending on their climates. In addition, some of the ingredients in the product increase light sensitivity when used at certain amounts. Clients concerned about this may prefer products that provide a list of ingredient amounts.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: