Cocoa Butter Stretch Mark: Does Cocoa Butter Stretch Mark Work?
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Overview
Palmer Cocoa Butter Formula, manufactured by E.T. Browne Drug Company, claims to reduce the appearance of stretch marks with a blend of cocoa butter, Vitamin E, Shea butter, and Bio C-Elaste-which is a combination of collagen, elastin, centella asiatica, sweet almond oil, and argan oil. According to its manufacturers, this cream improved skin elasticity in 97 percent of test subjects who regularly used it. This product was released in 1971 and has since gained a strong global following, as it is available in over 80 countries. This company is a member of the World Cocoa Foundation, a non-profit organization that promotes a sustainable cocoa economy. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula is available both online and at major drugstores. The price is $7.81 for an 8.5 ounce bottle.
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula – Ingredients
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula – Product Description
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula is marketed as a non-greasy cream to use during and after pregnancy in order to keep skin supple and moisturized so that stretch marks do not develop. It can also be used for stretch marks that occur as a result of drastic weight gain. The skin will have a healthier and firmer look, according to its manufacturers, and in 97 percent of test subjects, skin elasticity improved with regular use of this product. This cocoa butter is hypoallergenic, paraben and phthalate free, and dermatologist tested. For best results, it should be used daily. No side effects have been reported with this product.
This product is internationally known and widely available both online and in popular chain drugstores. It contains a light and popular cocoa fragrance because it is derived from the cocoa bean, but is also available unscented.
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula – Advantages
- Palmer’s is a well known brand that has been producing cocoa butter products for over 40 years
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula contains ingredients that are lauded for their moisturizing qualities, including argan oil, Shea butter, and cocoa butter
- This product is inexpensive and widely available
- A large number of user testimonials are available online, though not on Palmer’s website
- This product has been positively highlighted in many media outlets and press clippings are available on Palmer’s website
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula – Drawbacks
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula claims to reduce the appearance of stretch marks, but its clinical study only focuses on the improvement of skin elasticity
- No free samples are offered
- User testimonials are not available on the manufacturer’s website
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula – The Bottom Line
With its moisturizing ingredients and familiar scent, Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula carries with it a positive reputation as a comforting and effective product that can be easily purchased in many drugstores and online. At just $7.81 for an 8.5 ounce bottle, this is an inexpensive moisturizer that its manufacturers stress should be used from the first trimester in order to prevent stretch marks. This is not marketed as a product that can make stretch marks disappear, but rather one that increases the elasticity of skin so that new stretch marks won’t form. This product can not be purchased on the manufacturer’s website, but Palmer’s offers links to online shopping sites and stores that carry its products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Stretch Mark formulations on the market in our opinion: