Cocoa Butter Tummy Butter: Does Cocoa Butter Tummy Butter Work?
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Tummy Butter Overview
Palmer Cocoa Butter Formula, manufactured by E.T. Browne Drug Company, claims to provide an intensive stretch mark-fighting treatment by delivering an advanced formula that contains Bio C-Elaste, a trademark formula that consists of argan oil, centalla asiatica, elastin, collagen, Vitamin E, Shea butter, and cocoa butter. According to a 2011 independent study conducted on Palmer’s Massage Lotion and Massage Cream for Stretch Marks, both of which contains similar ingredients, this cream improved skin elasticity in 97 percent of test subjects by 59 percent or more. This product was released in 1971 and has since gained a strong global following, as it is available in over 80 countries. This company is a member of the World Cocoa Foundation, a non-profit organization that promotes a sustainable cocoa economy. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Tummy Butter is available both online and at major drugstores. The price varies depending on the retailer. At Amazon.com, a 4.4 ounce jar costs $5.95.
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Tummy Butter – Ingredients
The key ingredients in Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Tummy Butter are lavender oil, argan oil, centella asiatics, elastin, collagen, Vitamin E, Shea butter, and cocoa butter.
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Tummy Butter – Product Description
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula is marketed as a non-greasy cream to use during and after pregnancy in order to keep skin supple and moisturized so that stretch marks do not develop. It can also be used for stretch marks that occur as a result of drastic weight gain. This is a rich concentrated formula that contains lavender oil, which promotes relaxation and sleep. It is hypoallergenic, free of parabens and phthalates, and dermatologist tested. For best results, this product should be applied liberally on the abdomen as often as needed and cab be combined with Palmer’s Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks and its Massage Cream for Stretch Marks. Its active ingredients include argan oil, which has twice as much Vitamin E as olive oil; elastin, centella asiatica, and collagen, which improve skin elasticity; and cocoa butter, derived from the cocoa bean.
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Tummy Butter – Advantages
- Palmer’s is a well known brand that has been producing cocoa butter products for over 40 years
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Tummy Butter contains ingredients that are lauded for their moisturizing qualities, including argan oil, Shea butter, and cocoa butter
- This product is very inexpensive and widely available
- A large number of user testimonials are available online, though not on Palmer’s website
- This product has been positively highlighted in many media outlets and press clippings are available on Palmer’s website
- This product contains lavender oil, which promotes relaxation and sleep
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Tummy Butter – Drawbacks
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Tummy Butter is meant to target stretch marks, but the independent study it references only highlights its effectiveness in increasing the elasticity of skin
- No free samples are offered
- User testimonials are not available on the manufacturer’s website
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Tummy Butter – The Bottom Line
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Tummy Butter is an extremely economical choice for pregnant women who wish to keep their growing tummies moisturized so that there is less of a chance that stretch marks will develop on the skin. It uses ingredients that are known for their moisturizing properties, including argan oil and Shea and cocoa butters, as well as elastin, centella asiatica, and collagen-all of which are known to improve the elasticity of skin. It would be helpful if Palmer’s provided details about clinical trials conducted to test the effectiveness of this product on the appearance of stretch marks. Overall, Palmer is a manufacturer that has a positive reputation and has been producing cocoa products for over 40 years. Their products are inexpensive and easily purchased both online and at most popular drugstores.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Stretch Mark formulations on the market in our opinion: