Paula’s Choice Calm Bha Review: Is It Really Effective?
CALM Redness Relief 1% BHA Lotion Exfoliant Introduction
CALM Redness Relief 1% BHA Lotion Exfoliant, US $27 for a 3.3 oz. bottle, is a leave-on exfoliant specially formulated to suit sensitive skin types.
What Does CALM Redness Relief 1% BHA Lotion Exfoliant Claim
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, the following health and beauty benefits are to be harnessed with regular product use:
- Exfoliate layer by layer, dead skin that have piled up on the surface of your skin
- Draws out impurities from your pores to help prevent skin infections and breakouts, as well as tighten your skin
- Reveal a newer, younger, and less damaged layer with every skin turnover
- Deliver anti-inflammatory relief to soothe and calm skin irritations even as you are sloughing away dead skin cells and grime
- Tighten your pores and make wrinkles and other signs of aging appear much less noticeable
CALM Redness Relief 1% BHA Lotion Exfoliant Manufacturer’s Detail
This product is formulated and manufactured by Paulas Choice, a skincare brand that was established by well-recognized skincare labels critic and consumer educator, Paula Begoun. What started out as an effort to better educate consumers eventually grew into a full blown skincare enterprise that prides itself for formulating products that are rid of irritating artificial fragrances and synthetic dyes.
Working of CALM Redness Relief 1% BHA Lotion Exfoliant
This product works by gently exfoliating your skin while simultaneously distributing anti-inflammatory ingredients that relieve your skin from irritations and inflammations associated with exfoliating skin.
CALM Redness Relief 1% BHA Lotion Exfoliant Ingredients
- Salicylic Acid: A beta hydroxy acid that exfoliate
- Beta Glucan: Improves skin synthesis to enhance elasticity and firmenss of your skin
- Green Tea: Loaded with antioxidants, it helps revitalize your skin, keep it calm, and stay protected from environmental elements that can damage your cells and compromise the delivery of certain skin functions
- Licorice Root: Has anti-inflammatory properties, it helps calm irritated skin and also has skin lightening properties
- Lauric Acid: Derived from coconut oil, it soothes inflamed skin while also purifying your skin from harmful microorganisms that can infect it and make it breakout
CALM Redness Relief 1% BHA Lotion Exfoliant Pros
- The manufacturer guarantees that this product is suitable for use on all skin types, including those challenged by chronic skin problems such as eczema and rosacea.
- The formula exfoliates without abrasion which helps make it gentle, non-irritating, and mild enough for use on sensitive skin.
- This product has been formulated to hit a pH level that ranges from 3.2 to 3.8, the ideal pH level for BHA to work optimally in exfoliating your skin
CALM Redness Relief 1% BHA Lotion Exfoliant Cons
- This product enlists several ingredients with a reputation for causing skin irritations, including the number 2 ingredient, butylene glycol.
- Several CALM Redness Relief 1% BHA Lotion Exfoliant reviews have indicated many users experiencing various forms of inflammations due to this product.
CALM Redness Relief 1% BHA Lotion Exfoliant Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including butylene glycol and salicylic acid
- Increased risk for cancers due to PEGs
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol
CALM Redness Relief 1% BHA Lotion Exfoliant must be applied on thoroughly cleansed and toned skin, morning or night or, both, if desired and depending on your skin’s condition and tolerance for the formula. Spread product evenly and leave on. Always top with sunscreen during the day.
CALM Redness Relief 1% BHA Lotion Exfoliant reviews read:
- “I loved the feel of this lotion, but shortly after I started using it, I developed a significant breakout on my cheeks. I rarely have breakouts, and never as significant as this…I stopped all use and by day 2 it didn’t hurt but was still raised and somewhat irritated.” Pat on Paulas Choice website
- “Since using this product, I have seen a reduction in clogged pores and it has helped to lighten some of my post- inflammatory hyperpigmentation from acne. Also, I love the texture of this on my oily skin.” — Ann on Paulas Choice website
CALM Redness Relief 1% BHA Lotion Exfoliant has been getting mixed results from users, and indicates that it just isn’t quite the solution sensitive skin types can be absolutely certain about safety when it comes to satisfying their exfoliation needs. It pays to have a way to compare it wilth another.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Exfoliators formulations on the market in our opinion: