Paula’s Choice Exfoliant Review
Paula’s Choice Exfoliant Introduction
Paula’s Choice Exfoliant, US $29 for 120 ml, is an exfoliating liquid that is infused with salicylic acid (2.o%) that has been labeled by the brand to work well for all skin types but, is most suited for use by women and men with combination to oily skin types.
What Does Paula’s Choice Exfoliant Claim
This product has been claimed to be specially formulated to deliver the following improvements to benefit your skin’s health and overall appearance:
- Tighten your pores, make these appear smaller, and smoothen out your skin’s surface
- Make wrinkles and fine lines appear much less visible
- Improve your skin tone and make it appear more even with regular product application
- Promote your skin’s firmness, density and elasticity
- Help clear and purify your skin and pores by eliminating debris and grime stuck on your skin’s outer layer and deposited in your pores
Paula’s Choice Exfoliant Manufacturer’s Detail
Paula’s Choice is a brand that is owned and managed by “Cosmetics Cop,” Paula Begoun. The product line consists of carefully curated products that pass her trained eye for skin care products and cosmetics that deliver and select these from a sea of others that don’t. Each product is guaranteed free from fragrances, one of top three ingredients that are most irritating to human skin.
Working of Paula’s Choice Exfoliant
This product works in three ways. First, it exfoliates your skin’s top layer. Second, it forms new skin then, it resurfaces that layer to replace the old, damaged one. Third, it sets up your new skin to become healthier by supporting better hydration and promoting revitalized protection against damaging free radicals.
Paula’s Choice Exfoliant Ingredients
- Salicylic Acid: Gives your skin a gentle exfoliation, regulates oil production, and helps better manage skin shedding to keep your skin surface and pores clean, clear and purified
- Green Tea Extract: Has a calming effect on irritated skin, this ingredient also floods your skin with antioxidants that makes it more resilient to damage and aging
Paula’s Choice Exfoliant Pros
- This exfoliant is formulated to gently slough off skin without unnecessarily causing abrasions that can hurt and permanently destroy your skin.
- This product falls within a pH of 3.2 and 3.8 which is the ideal acidity that will help make exfoliation work.
- This product has been formulated to deliver multiple benefits with a single product application, that includes exfoliation and turnover, but also bringing back your skin to its optimal moisture levels and delivering anti-aging benefits, among others.
- This product does not contain parabens, chemicals that have been proven to cause endocrine-related diseases.
Paula’s Choice Exfoliant Cons
- This product contains very low levels and hardly any variety of antioxidants to better protect your skin from damage while it is undergoing renewal.
- Some users who claimed to have sensitive skin said that this product did not cause them to break out, while others said that they did.
- Several Paula’s Choice Exfoliant reviews posted by users have pointed out how this product did not make much of a difference to their skin.
Paula’s Choice Exfoliant Side Effects
Based on the very nature of this product, expect the possibility of slight to severe skin irritation but, that depends on your history of reactivity with this product’s ingredients, most especially with salicylic acid.
Paula’s Choice Exfoliant must be used once up to twice daily, depending on how much your skin can tolerate the formula, applying the product with a cotton pad soaked in the solution only after your face has been thoroughly cleansed and toned. Make it a point to use a sunscreen throughout the duration of using this product.
Paula’s Choice Exfoliant reviews posted by 2 users read:
- “The first couple of uses were good, and then my skin got super sensitive. My skin started to have burning sensation. I don’t recommend it.”
- “This is a great addition to my Morning and evening facial routine.Both myself and my Husband use this …Though no product will get rid of pores completely they can help make them appear smaller which I noticed the first week after using twice daily…”
Paula’s Choice Exfoliant can be a great way to restore your skin’s health and to maintain it. Then again, it isn’t a product that can possibly go well for every type of skin. Everybody needs a good, regular exfoliation but, question is, if this is what your skin needs. Assess, compare, and buy according to your skin needs.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Exfoliators formulations on the market in our opinion: