Paula’s Choice Moisturizer Review: Is It Really Effective?
What is Paula’s Choice Moisturizer?
Paula Begoun, the namesake of this brand, is an advocate of consumer education and a celebrity skin care specialist. Paula has been providing information about what to look for in skin care products, as well as which products you should avoid. Paula’s Choice is the combination of all that knowledge gained through the years.
Paula’s Choice RESIST Skin Restoring Moisturizer, US $33 for 2.0 oz., provides you with broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection that also contains powerful antioxidants for added protection from environmental causes of damage and aging.
Paula’s Choice Moisturizer: Does it really work?
According to manufacturer’s claims, this product has been specially formulated to bring you and your skin the following health and beauty benefits:
- Promote your youthful skin and prevent premature aging.
- Protect your skin from UVA and UVB that causes photo damage and irreversible skin damage.
- Shield your skin from damaging environmental factors by boosting your skin’s antioxidant levels.
- Improve your skin tone and relieve your skin from any sign of unevenness, dullness, and lifelessness.
- Decrease risk of contracting skin cancer.
- Enhance your skin’s moisture levels and hydration functions
This product works by delivering a combination of chemical sunscreen agents, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatories to keep your skin from aging prematurely.
What are the ingredients in Paula’s Choice Moisturizer?
- Avobenzone (3.0%), Homosalate (5.0%), Octinoxate (7.50%), Octisalate (5.0%), Oxybenzone (5.0%): Chemical sunscreen agents
- Silica: Smoothens the appearance of your skin’s surface layer and makes your skin appear naturally glowing.
- Shea Butter: These is for soothing, nourishing and moisturizing skin so that it will return to its natural, healthy state after treatment. It also reduces skin Inflammation.
- Niacinamide: Helps restore your skin’s optimal moisture levels.
- Vitamin E: It works to block free radicals from the body, which play a large part in the aging process. If we can fight off free radicals, then we can reduce wrinkles and keep the skin youthful-looking.
Benefits of Paula’s Choice Moisturizer
- This product protects from both UVA and UVB.
- The formula is infused with anti-inflammatories that may cancel out some of the irritation to be expected from chemical sunscreen actives.
Disadvantages of Paula’s Choice Moisturizer
- This product is made with toxic chemical sunscreen actives.
- This product is currently out of stock.
- User feedback indicate that the formula may cause a stinging, burning sensation.
Does Paula’s Choice Moisturizer have any side Effects?
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including butylene glycol,
- Increased risk for developing various forms of cancers due to PEGs and EDTA.
- Increased risk for nerve damage due to phenoxyethanol.
How to Apply Paula’s Choice Moisturizer
- Paula’s Choice RESIST Skin Restoring Moisturizer must be used as the last step in your morning skin care routine.
- The manufacturer recommends that you apply the product at least 15 minutes before stepping out into the open or, after perspiring profusely or, getting your skin wet.
Final Verdict- Paula’s Choice Moisturizer
Paula’s Choice RESIST Skin Restoring Moisturizer may or may not be the daily sun protection product that suits you but, there is now consensus that the chemical sunscreen actives included in this product are toxic and have the potential to affect your health and well-being.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Sunscreens
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."