Paula’s Choice Moisturizer Review: Is It Really Effective?
Paula’s Choice Resist Skin Restoring Moisturizer Introduction
Paula’s Choice RESIST Skin Restoring Moisturizer, US $33 for 2.0 oz., provides you with broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection that also contains powerful antioxidants for added protection from environmental causes of damage and aging.
What Does Paula’s Choice Resist Skin Restoring Moisturizer Claim
According to manufacturer’s claims, this product has been specially formulated to bring you and your skin the following health and beauty benefits:
- Promote your youthful skin and prevent premature aging
- Protect your skin from UVA and UVB that causes photo damage and irreversible skin damage
- Shield your skin from damaging environmental factors by boosting your skin’s antioxidant levels
- Improve your skin tone and relieve your skin from any sign of unevenness, dullness, and lifelessness
- Decrease risk of contracting skin cancer
- Enhance your skin’s moisture levels and hydration functions
Paula’s Choice Resist Skin Restoring Moisturizer Manufacturer’s Detail
Paula Begoun, the namesake of this brand, is an advocate of consumer education and a celebrity skin care specialist. Paula has been providing information about what to look for in skin care products, as well as which products you should avoid. Paula’s Choice is the combination of all that knowledge gained through the years.
Working of Paula’s Choice Resist Skin Restoring Moisturizer
This product works by delivering a combination of chemical sunscreen agents, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatories to keep your skin from aging prematurely.
Paula’s Choice Resist Skin Restoring Moisturizer Ingredients
- Avobenzone (3.0%), Homosalate (5.0%), Octinoxate (7.50%), Octisalate (5.0%), Oxybenzone (5.0%): Chemical sunscreen agents
- Silica: Smoothens the appearance of your skin’s surface layer and makes your skin appear naturally glowing
- Shea Butter: Deep nourish and condition your skin
- Niacinamide: Helps restore your skin’s optimal moisture levels
- Vitamin E: Replenishes your skin’s lost nourishment
- Licorice Root Extract: Calms irritated skin
Paula’s Choice Resist Skin Restoring Moisturizer Pros
- This product protects from both UVA and UVB.
- The formula is infused with anti-inflammatories that may cancel out some of the irritation to be expected from chemical sunscreen actives.
Paula’s Choice Resist Skin Restoring Moisturizer Cons
- This product is made with toxic chemical sunscreen actives.
- This product is currently out of stock.
- User feedback indicate that the formula may cause a stinging, burning sensation.
Paula’s Choice Resist Skin Restoring Moisturizer Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including butylene glycol,
- Increased risk for developing various forms of cancers due to PEGs and EDTA
- Increased risk for nerve damage due to phenoxyethanol
Paula’s Choice RESIST Skin Restoring Moisturizer must be used as the last step in your morning skin care routine. The manufacturer recommends that you apply the product at least 15 minutes before stepping out into the open or, after perspiring profusely or, getting your skin wet.
Paula’s Choice RESIST Skin Restoring Moisturizer reviews read:
- “I was disappointed when I saw that it doesn’t have a mineral sunscreen, but rather a chemical one. Chemical sunscreen tends to irritate my face, so I was hesitant to try it. But I ordered the small travel size thinking, “well, if anybody can make a chemical SPF that won’t irritate, it’s gonna be Paula’s Choice.” So I gave it a go, and, yes, the darn stuff stings. Bummer! To be fair, it doesn’t sting as badly as other chemical sunscreens I’ve tried on my face, but there’s no way I can wear this on a regular basis.” — sara7bella on the manufacturer’s website
- “Well this product performs for me. It sinks in well, does not leave a sticky or crusty film afterwards, wears well, works well with my makeup choices, doesn’t sting–I can even use around my eyes. It is expensive and I hate PC’s new high prices but this WORKS! It’s a chemical sunscreen so I’m surprised I can use on my sensitive rosacea skin but I have been using for several weeks with no problem. No cast, no smell except for a slight sunscreen smell and tube is 2 oz. It’s supposed to be for normal dry skin and right now my skin is combination and it is working for me.” — joy2uandme on MakeupAlley
Paula’s Choice RESIST Skin Restoring Moisturizer may or may not be the daily sun protection product that suits you but, there is now consensus that the chemical sunscreen actives included in this product are toxic and have the potential to affect your health and well-being.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: