Paula’s Essence Review(updated 2018): Is It Really Good?
Paula’s Choice Details
Paula’s Choice RESIST Brightening Essence is an anti-aging serum that brightens skin to promote a smoother texture, fight signs of aging, and leave skin feeling refreshed. The serum is manufactured and sold by Paula’s Choice. A one-time purchase of the bottle costs $42 for a 1 fluid oz of the serum, but customers who choose the auto-refill option can get a discount of 10%. Customers can return Paula’s Choice products for a refund for up to 60 days.
Paula’s Choice Ingredients List
- Uva Ursi Extract: A natural hydroquinone used to treat bacterial infections before the invention of antibiotics and prescription medicines. Known for its skin-lightening properties.
- Licorice Root: Can remove oiliness in skin and hair.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Found naturally in the body. Used to treat skin injuries, burns, and wounds. Used to fill in lines and wrinkles to promote a plumper skin appearance.
- Niacinamide: A form of vitamin B3. Used to treat skin conditions such as granuloma annulare and inflammatory acne vulgaris.
- Arbutin: Prevents melanin formation. From the bearberry plant. Research on the ingredient is still about whether or not it may cause cancer or not.
- Allantoin: Used to decrease the appearance of scars caused by acne, maintains moisture levels in skin.
Paula’s Choice Directions/Working
Use in the morning and evening, and follow with sunscreen when using during the day. Apply 2-3 drops of the serum onto the face and neck area.
Paula’s Choice ESSENCE ADVANTAGES
- Contains hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, and other ingredients known for their skin benefits.
- RESIST Brightening Essence can be returned to Paula’s Choice for up to 60 days for a full refund, and between 61-180 days for store credit.
- Ingredients used in the serum are disclosed online.
- Customer reviews for the serum are mostly positive, and the product can be used on all skin types.
Paula’s Choice Disadvantages
- The research cited by the manufacturer only states how they invented the product, and not how the product works.
- Ingredient totals/percentages are not mentioned by the manufacturer.
- At $42 for a 1 oz vial, the serum is moderately priced compared to other high-end anti-aging serums.
- Some ingredients in the serum may increase sensitivity to the sun.
Paula’s Choice RESIST Brightening Essence is an anti-aging serum that improves the skin’s appearance and texture. The serum fights wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots. Ingredients such as hyaluronic acid are included, which have bene proven effective in improving the skin’s texture. Paula’s Choice is also well-respected amongst the skincare industry and consumers alike. Ingredients used in the serum are disclosed online, and the serum can be returned for a full refund for up to 60 days, while it can also be returned for store credit for up to 180 days. This allows consumers to test the product for desired results. However, the studies mentioned by the brand contain no links customers can check. Various brands can provide links or summaries of studies instead of a list of sources.
Skin Brighteners aid in reducing post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation revealing even skin tone. Skin brighteners also can help revitalize tired and dull skin resulting in a youthful, healthy glow.
Below you'll find some of the most effective skin brightening products on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Skin Lightening Choices
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."