Paula’s Choice Skin Recovery Calming Toner Review: Is It Really Good?
Paula’s Choice Skin Recovery Enriched Calming Toner, US $21 for 6.4 oz. goes beyond purifying and tightening your pores unlike most regular toners. It boosts dry to very dry skin types with moisture ingredients and antioxidants to calm, soothe and reawaken your tired skin. It also restores your skin’s health and youthful appearance with regular use.
Paula’s Choice is by Paula Begoun, globally known as the cosmetics cop, she has made it her personal advocacy to teach consumers around the world on how to help and heal their skin.
Paula’s Choice Skin Recovery Calming Toner Ingredients
- Glycerin: A humectant that helps your skin to attract moisture in and improve moisture synthesis so that skin can stay better hydrated over longer periods of time
- Ascorbyl palmitate and Vitamin C: Awakens your sluggish skin cells so that these may double up collagen production and produce it and other skin precursors in much higher volumes that allows for skin regeneration, renewal and surface turnover to happen much faster
- Tocopherol and Vitamin E: Rich in antioxidants, moisture-rich, and laden with fatty acids, these ingredients go beyond plumping your skin, these reinforce your skin’s natural protective barriers to help it better withstand attacks from damage causing UV and free radicals
- Evening Primrose: Rich in fatty acids, this ingredient boosts skin moisture in an instant and keeps it that way for long periods of time
- Panthenol: Also known as pro-Vitamin B3, it promotes a well-hydrated skin and facilitates faster skin cell repair and regeneration, as it also leaves an added layer of protection to protect your skin’s surface from dryness and damage
- Niacinamide: Also known as Vitamin B3, it improves microcirculation and keeps your skin well nourished throughout the day and night
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Makes up for any possible shortage in your skin’s hyaluronic acid levels, thereby also promoting a sudden moisture boost but also helps make skin turnover happen faster
Paula’s Choice Skin Recovery Enriched Calming Toner is highly recommended for twice daily use in your cleanse, tone and moisturize routine for day and night. Always layer this product with your daily moisturizer and sunscreen during the day or, your evening cream as part of your nighttime regimen.
Paula’s Choice Skin Recovery Calming Toner Advantages
- Contains highly moisturizing ingredients that instantly renews your skin
- Made by Paula’s Choice, a brand that has come to be associated with its founder’s detailed eye on research-based ingredients and products
- Provides multiple benefits for your skin without irritating ingredients, most especially fragrances
Paula’s Choice Skin Recovery Calming Toner Disadvantages
- Product contains phenoxyethanol, a neurotoxin
- Product contains chlorphenesin, which has been shown to cause severe skin irritation, including contact dermatitis
- Manufacturer does not present product study or consumer study to support product claims
Paula’s Choice Skin Recovery Enriched Calming Toner is meant for dry to very dry skin. However, take note of the toxic chemicals infused in the product formulation too. If you want safer products, there are more options available in the market you should get to know better too.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Toner formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Toner Choices
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."