Peptide Cream Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review & more
What Is Peptide Cream?
Peptide Cream are some of the most popular anti-aging products on the market today. “Peptide cream” is the general name for a variety of products, all of which count some kind of peptide or peptide complex among their key ingredients. Peptide creams are available through both well-known brands and little known companies alike, and a quick internet search will reveal numerous creams that promise to be the most potent peptide creams sold today. However, research tells us that not all peptide creams are created equally.
Peptide Cream – Does it really work?
Peptide Cream operate on an interesting premise. Naturally occurring peptides in the skin are one of the factors that tell the skin that it needs to generate more collagen, and collagen is an important factor in making sure that skin stays firm and strong. As skin ages, however, collagen production tends to decrease drastically, and this leaves skin looking saggy. Therefore, applying certain peptides to skin may cause skin cells to “think” that they need to generate more collagen still, and this improved collagen production should in turn help to provide anti-aging benefits to skin. Peptides like Matrixyl and copper peptides have actually been clinically proven to do this. At the same time, some studies point to the possibility of peptides like Argireline being able to block muscle contractions that cause wrinkles; however, the research surrounding this compound is still in the beginning stages and very few clinical studies have shown this promised result so far.
What are the Ingredients in Peptide Cream
The ingredients in any one peptide cream will obviously vary, depending on that specific cream. However, popular peptides (or peptide complexes) used in anti aging creams today include Argiline, Matrixyl, and copper peptides.
- Peptides: Skin Irritation. Symptoms of contact dermatitis include inflammation or irritation of the skin. According to the Mayo Clinic, cosmetics and skincare products containing copper peptides may cause redness, burning sensation or the development of a rash
Benefits of Peptide Cream
- Some peptide creams have been clinically proven to provide their claimed anti-aging benefits.
- The price range of these creams means that some peptide creams fall into the “very affordable” end of the anti-aging cream spectrum.
Disadvantages of Peptide Creams
- Not all peptide creams contain the same amount of active peptides, so it is very important to determine the concentration of the relevant peptides in a product prior to purchasing it.
- Contain fragrances that may not be suitable to all people.
- The ingredients are strong and so may cause redness and patches specially in case of sensitive skin type.
Final Verdict- Peptide Creams
Peptide Creams are arguably among the most scientifically sound anti-aging products on the market today. However, fully researching a peptide cream is very important, because the concentration of certain peptides within its overall formula will have an effect on the way that the cream functions.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after “fountain of youth”. In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.